Beginner seeds question NOOB

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by SensiDilla, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Hi everyone,

I have been reading a lot of information about autoflowering seeds, most notably how far they've gone since 5-10 years ago.
    After reading tons of forums and articles what I got is:

- Autoflowering seeds are good nowdays, if you buy some good brand, you won't be disappointed. I also read in multiple articles that the average auto yield has improved since the first auto seeds came out and bud quality has improved as well. Obviously, under exact same condition, a non autoflowering would taste better and obviously yield way more. But Ok. Can anybody confirm all this?

So realistically,  I was thinking a well-informed beginner can get about a yield of 20g (30g if lucky) per auto, under good condition. Is this right?

Anyway, my question is:

would it make more sense to have (being space, time and lighting not a concern) 2 autoflowers or 1 nonauto (obviously talking about the same strain)? I mean in terms of yield and quality, i know the auto would be harvested earlier.

2. that's all preference... I started non auto and found it to be WAY better.. I still don't like autos after my third time trying em ... I stick with a devil cream auto .. which if I may add, yields 55-75g ... now I use some easy techniques that increase yield and I always go organic to smooth them out ... the dif between and auto and reg seed (I choose fems) is simply that it will begin to mature into flower without a light cycle change allowing you to sex it early... now lets pretend you want a thicker veg and to have the ability to mainline the lady further than 4-8 colas .. such as in my case where I tried to get 32 colas (didn't yield more just faster dry and cure).. you wouldn't want an auto because it is gunna limit your ability to increase yield thru training.. also you cant increase the strength of the stems or flush if you over nute... autos are meant for sog set ups ... and they are meant to keep all the ladies at the same height by limiting aging.. having control over flower is a CRUCIAL skill set to have when beginning .. I would go 2 non auto and one auto just to try it out but I wouldn't waste time with autos until you have 12 or more ... they REALLY flourish in sog .. pick a high yield strain ... something with a nice resistance to mold ... and make sure to foliar feed to increase the veg ... spend time on them and semi lollipop them to prevent the bottoms from eating the nutes that the tops need to produce colas ... if your set on autos take the time and research how to increase yield thru low stress training ... because that's the ONLY way to get an auto to produce like a reg strain ... and the ones I have had didn't seem to eat the same either .. they likes 50% nutes and a good flush every other week .. they loved foliar feeding and THRIVED from c02... hope this helps ... its just my experience with them .. my fav strain is devil cream auto .. high yield , sweet, semi fuely stench and a SOLID pack a punch high ... feel free to add me bud

3. Forgot to reply to this. THanks for the reply man, you really put me off these autos :)

4. I've always had good luck with autos, but even better luck with photoperiod plants. If you can flip your light cycles, you might as well go with photoperiods. Autos are cool though to through around the edges of your grow for some added weed. 

5. I've had good luck with autos as well. Taste is just as good as most photo strains and potency isn't bad either if you pick a good breeder. A lot of people talk crap but 99% of them couldn't tell you if a joint they are smoking is an auto or photo strain. Yield is debatable, most people do not consider grow time. I can pull 1.25 - 1.5 pounds every 65 days from seed. Most photo strains take that long just to flower, plus a couple of weeks of veg time.