Beginner needs HELP!!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by hawaiian007, Dec 23, 2009.

1. I germinated some seeds, and in 1-2 weeks time they sprout but they are too tall and the leaves are only 1-2 inches long, and when i say tall they are tall, like they get a foot tall before the secondary set of leaves start to grow. This is what I have going on, I germinated my seeds using a peat pot and soil, when it got to the point that the sprout was above the soil I placed the peat pot in a bigger pot. I have 16-18 hours of light. I water them when needed and feed them when needed. I don't know what I am doing wrong, so I need some help. When I see pictures of other peoples plants, in 1-2 weeks time it is almost a foot tall and it has all 6-7 leaves on it, mine only has 2-3 leaves at a foot to 1 foot and a couple inches tall. What am I doing wrong? :confused::mad:

2. Oh and it has plenty of air circulation and plenty of food, I just want to know why it's growing so tall with only 2-3 leaves on it?

3. it gotta be you lighting what are you using?

4. Too far from the lighting. Early stretching is most often caused by the plant being too far from the light source. What kind of lights? How many watts? Not enough light in an area with poor light concentration; such as: no reflecting material like mylar, open area where the light spreads, rather than is concentrated in the grow area, these also can cause stretching. However, from your description, it seems to be too far from the lighting.

5. or wrong spectrum if using cfl's

6. Ok, earlier today I moved the lights closer, I am using a plant/aquarium/grow flourescent light that you can buy at any walmart, I do know that I need something stronger when it comes time to vegetate/flower/bud. Other than my current problem, they are also dying on me when they reach that certain height. So, I am going to recap a bit and explain all: 1. plants are reaching a foot/couple inches tall in 1-2 weeks with barely any leaves on them 2. they are also dying when thay reach that point too. What else could be the problem? Would like to be there:smoke: not here :(!!!

7. Insufficient lighting, period. I'd not try growing anything at all until you get better lighting. Look for the CFL sticky and read it.