Beginner in need of help with photos

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by lukegoneloco, Feb 13, 2016.

1. This is my first time attempting to cultivate my own cannabis. That being said i have a couple questions i hope you guys can help me with. My main lady is 12 days old now and i noticed on some of the leafs that, the tips were starting to brown and some leafs are turning and becoming very pointy on the sides, and ive read online about possible causes and im just not seeing what exactly it could be. If its Hot soil, light burn, or overwatering. Or what????

Let me describe my grow for you guys, i am growing in a all purpose organic starter mix (made up of sphagnum peat moss, horticultural vermiculite, perlite.) i did 1/2 organic starter 1/4 worm castings and 1/4 perlite to make my soil. I Just ordered a 400w led Grow light with my tax refund, but while i wait for that to come in the mail hopefully 4 days or less, in the mean time, I am using 2 100w equivelent LED Daylight bulbs that are 4inches above the plants along with 6 100w daylight CFL that is 10 inches above the plants 24 hours a day. And i am also watering with distilled water. The plants I am growing are Alien OG from seed

What could be causing the leafs to yellow and brown??? Any suggestions are much appreciated thanks.

I'm also planning on replanting the second seedling in its own pot just once it developed its full leafs

Attached Files:

2. Could be cause of your lighting so close, try raising them about 8-10 more inches and see how that helps it.

3. I would bet dollars to donuts its just a little hot for your baby, that being said as long as she doesn't show more signs of stress you'll be OK. I had some minor ph and burn issues when I sprouted mine and they will grow out of it as long as you don't feed them or drown them. If the problem gets worse I would transplant into a soil without the castings then work it into the grow after she is more established. I'm sure some more knowledgeable folks will chime in as well but that's my two cents. Good luck and happy growing! Don't stress these babies can handle a lot!

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. #4 lukegoneloco, Feb 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2016
    I thought the same about the lighting so I backed them off a little bit.
    And ya I know I shouldnt stress, the should pull through but I just want my marijuana to be happy and healthy haha. But I'm just really trying to learn as much as I can over the next couple months as I will be moving into a house I recently bought where I plan to set up a nice grow room, and flowering room, until then I have this micro grow going on, to teach me. Thanks for the help guys.

5. To be honest, I don't see anything in those pics that I would react to. Like an Infant, young seedlings are very sensitive and fragile. You may see burning and discoloration, but this is usually due to an overload on immature plants' systems. By the time you notice the damage, the plant has probably matured to the point that it can handle what caused the issue you are looking at. As advice: Do not think you have to react every time your plant doesn't look like what's on the net. It seems like over watering is probably the number one killer of plants, over feeding is number two, and freaking the plant out by constantly trying to fix things has got to be number three.

6. ya I can totally believe it. I haven't done anything to them, I let the pots become dry again before watering again to make sure I was no longer over watering I am looking to transplant the second plant in there, def worried I'm going to kill both in the process, but as we speak I'm looking up information to try and transplant as safe as possible. I believe I'm going to pick up some roots organic soil and transplant it into a 5inch mesh planter. It's pretty cool tho to watch these babie grow up as a first time grower. Got a long way to go tho.

7. Read AngryWisemans last two sentences over and over.....great advice for all new growers!

8. I just didn't want to ignore it to wake up in a week and see all the leafs brown and dying and it be to late to save them

9. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

So I attempted to replant the two that came up in the same planter. I waited for them to develope their first set of full leaves then transplanted them to roots organic soil. They were so tangled it was such a mess. I feel like I've killed both for sure but I guess we will see what happens. While I was transplanting another plant, I found a seed ready to put out seed leafs so I transplanted it. Just watched it shed its seed casing so that ones going to make it. As for my two top babies. I'm not sure. We'll see. Hopefully the stress doesn't cause them to herm on me

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app