Beginner Help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by runforthehills12, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Don't really know what is up with these, this is the first time ever trying this out. I have had them growing for about 8 weeks total and this is where the are at. I have them on a 24 hour light cycle with a fan. Doesn't seem to be bushy at all, just mainly skinny, hoping someone could help me out with some advice on how to grow maybe a little bit faster, thank you in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Read around the grows here a bit more. My guess is lack of light as the biggest hinder in that grow. Add more light and put them into bigger pots (containers, tubs, the part that holds your medium).

3. Light, bigger pot (at 8 weeks veg, they should already be in five gallons...3 gallons at the very least...part of your problem is root choke, guaranteed). These are immediate.

Additionally, if not autoflower, top the branches decently...not only for clones for the next run, but also because when you top, each cola cut sprouts two new ones, as the uncovered branches below the cut suddenly get what they need to grow on their own. That helps make 'em nice and bushy.

Or start LSTing them (they're still skinny enough to), and build up a "nest" around the edge of the pot...light striking the sideways stem causes the side branches that suddenly get light much more efficiently to develop into true branches...not the same as a true cola, but nice big buds on the ends, anyhow.

4. Lack of lighting. Also your lights are to far away from the plant. You can keep CFLs 3 or 4 inches away from the plant without burning them. A good rule of thumb is put the back of your hand 4 inches from the light if it feels too hot for your hand its too hot for the plant.

My advice is keep them in veg for a while and start LST.

5. I agree with "Ebcrew". Your lights must be to far away. Get about 3" away and aim a light at the side of the plants to help them grow wider. I posted a thread the other day in 'Absolute Beginners' myself, and my babies have already shown bushier growth. I would suggest looking at Homedepot for some good bulbs made by the brand 'Feit Electric'. You have to order from the website as they do not carry them in stores. They cost about as much as a 4 pack of 23-26W Phillips Bulbs ($9), but oh so much better. I left my plants under 4 of them along with 6 Phillips bulbs and my babies are loving it.

Link to my Thread: http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/1355368-first-grow-tell-me-what-you-think.html#entry21270696

• Like Like x 1
  6. No offense but almost doesn't look like marijuana. No worries though first grow usually doesn't go well. Would definitely read up on here. A lot of knowledge to be read.

7. I wonder what main strain it might be. What kind of soil are you using?