Beginner help.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by â’¸anadianBuds, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Here's my plants about 7 days in. One of them outgrew the pot already, and can see roots coming out of the drainage holes, and a couple of the other's are starting to burn from the soil there in I think. Right now there are in Schultz [.08 .12 .08] time release, and I was wondering if I could transfer into this soil I just went and picked up. I was also curious if these nuets were any good.They were the best looking N-P-K ratio's I could find for veg and Flowering.

1. Is it bad to transplant into a different type of soil? [Peat moss, Compost, Perlite]
    2. How do I go about curing my nute-burned seedlings?
    3. Is it okay to transplant the little seedlings, before they get burned even more?
    4. Do these nuets look good? Veg-[12-4-8] Flowering-[15-30-15]

Thanks everyone for your time and input! You guys are the ones that make it possible for noobs like me to grow. :hello:

Edit; I am going to mix about another 20% perlite in the mix. And I know, "Omg, MG sucks!", no need to tell me.

Attached Files:

2. #3 Wakeskater1220, Nov 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2012
    I have my 2 girls in a mix of Mg organic/moisture control added some perlite and vermiculite. I didn't feed mine anything the first 3 weeks (i would back off ferts and let let the little guys grow they should recover). As far as repotting i think i would wait u don't want too big of pot to start. The mg soil doesn't drain that well (hence the perlite/vermiculite) and you don't want excess water/moisture sitting in those big pots. I have since switched to a new soil mix for my new plants in veg (the fox farms ocean forest was only a few bucks more than mg). You can ck my grow if u want at the link below...Good luck man. Burn One.

3. You have nute burn issue in a pretty major way already. Seedlings do not need any additional nutes for the first few weeks and that soil will have everything a plant needs for its early development. DO NOT add any of that miracle grow liquid as it will just make matters worse.
    There is no problem with re-potting at that stage if the roots are already coming out the drainage holes. Go big straight away is my advice, if you can accommodate 5 gallon pots in your grow space, go straight up to that as it will save hassle later.

4. Will it stress my just sprouted seeds if i moved my seeds into better soil? I used outdoor soil and realized it was a bad idea so i changed it

5. Thanks for the input guys! Yeah I was pretty aware I had some serious nuet burn, so went and got some new soil and transplanted them. They seem to be doing fine so far, but w'ell see in another day or so. I just had to get them out of that horrid time release soil. I also put some emergency blankets up for reflection, and it caused the temp to rise to 95F! I just have the door's open right now with an oscillating fan blowing on them.