Beginner grower- some questions for pc grow box??

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by juliaf1199, Jun 4, 2018.

1. hey everyone! I’ve never grown before and I really want to start- however, I need it to be stealth. I’m not looking for a big yield or anything, just enough for me. Plus it seems fun to grow

I have this semi small pc case, I’ve heard of the pc grow box idea and decided why the hell not? I bought some CFLS (4x 40 watt soft white) and a power strip with 3 outlets, and I gutted most of the inners of the case. I was wondering, however, what else I would need. So here are some questions..

-would I need an inline duct fan? I want to reduce the smell from coming out, but I was looking on amazon and they’re like 50 or so dollars for one. Couldn’t I technically just get Pc fans?
    - in addition to the prior question, do I need a carbon filter and/or carbon scrub? I don’t have a lot of space in the case to spare.
    - what size pot should I use for this grow? I’m looking for it to be fairly small, I’ll be using techniques from LST.
    - do I need to change the lights from veg to flower or should I just keep them how they are?

Thanks a bunch!

2. Welcome to the forums. I know doing it for fun just food for thought. From seed to veg is about 1 month. Then another one of veg. Then two to three months of flower. So my guess is you would gain around 1/2 to an ounce every 5-6 months. I just want you to understand the time length before your fully invested and want to make changes.

Carbon filter is really only needed after week 2-4 of flower. I think there are some dyi, but might find other smaller carbon filters. You can use a pc fan if just removing the heat. But do not expect a pc fan to push air through a filter as it does not have enough power. Massive suck/force reduction when using filters.

I am not sure how big your pc case is, but maybe 1-2 1 gallon pots? Careful on light distance, and over watering. Do not need to change your lights, only how long you keep them on for.

Seedlings go 24/7 on.
    Veg 18/6 on
    Flower 12/12

There are two kinds of cannabis photoperiod and auto flower. Stay away from auto flower, this means you can keep the light on 24/7. Photo period just means when you set the lights on for 12 hours and off for 12 hours they will start to flower. Bottom line is you have more control and forgiveness with photo period.