Beginner grow started Oct 27th (Fem White Widow) in 36x20x62 grow tent.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by SeanPowers, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Hi all!

I decided to start this journal because there wasn't much research pertaining to the specific grow specs I was looking for on the net. I'm a 100% beginner (although I've read and researched the crap out of everything!) hoping to share my experience with the community and further the progress of kick-ass cannabis!

My strain purchase came from KingCropSeeds.com. I purchased 5 Feminized White Widow seeds (They sent 7!) and planted 3 to start. ALL 3 died within 3 or 4 days due to my excitement and overwatering... Guess I needed to get it out of the way! So I started a new batch (4) on Oct 27th 2014.

The new batch started on the 27th and began in a wardrobe box from U-Haul with 6-24w CFLs.... That got everything started off the right way but I knew I would have to upgrade FAST. (I picked the best 3 to finish)

SETUP (TEND AND LIGHT) I'm using an Apollo Horticulture grow tent:  tent dimensions are 36''x20''x62'' (http://www.amazon.com/Apollo-Horticulture-Hydroponic-Indoor-Growing/dp/B00H9OVMO8/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1415659000&sr=8-8&keywords=grow+tent) and a 600watt Apollo Horticulture HID light kit <a>(http://www.amazon.com/Apollo-Horticulture-GLK600CT24E-Digital-Dimmable/dp/B00521B894/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1415659079&sr=8-3&keywords=600w+grow+light+kit)</a> and given the dimensions of the tent I keep the ballast at 50% (I'll be bumping it up to the full 600w when I get proper ventilation.

SOIL: I'm using Fox Farm Organic Planting Mix (http://www.amazon.com/FoxFarm-FX14001-1-Cubic-Organic-Planting/dp/B0002FGV2E/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1415659238&sr=8-8&keywords=fox+farm+soil) mixed with 25% perlite and 25% vermiculite. 

WATERING: The plants are in 3 gallon planters and when I water them I use 1/2 gallon of water (Or feed/water mixture depending on the date) a piece... When I water I usually see about a 20% runoff.

NUTES: Roots Organics Buddah Grow for the Veg cycle (1 tsp per half gallon). So essentially 1 tsp per plant. I'm currently feeding them once a week (2 feedings into grow now).

I started these babies on Oct 27th and they are barely two weeks into growing, I honestly don't think I could've have asked for better results thus far!

I DO have one question though (and most likely MANY more): Could my plants be called organic??? Considering I'm using Organic potting soil and Roots Organic Nutes...

I apologize for anything I left out... Just ask if there's anything you wanna know!

Thanks everyone for taking the time to check out my grow!!!!

Attached Files:

2. Looks like a good start, do you think 3 plants will fill up the entire space or is there room for more?

3. Nice start like Solakil Said. Ill be following. Gonna be staring up a journal soon as well. GL blade