Begining grower need some advice!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by drdallon, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Hi as i stated this will be my first grow. I have put together a list of everything I am planning to purchase to start up my op. Probably an important side note is that i am an OMMP(Oregon Medical Marijuana Program) patient so my goal is to produce as much quality medicine as possible. I will be accepting donations for my meds so yield is extremely important to me, especially on the first couple of crops when i will be trying to pay this back :) yay for student loans!

Materials:
    Lumatek 1000W Dual voltage MH/HPS Dial-a-watt dimmable Electronic Ballast $399.95 x2
    Silver Sun Reflector 49"x49"x8" parabolic hood $181.95 x2
    Eye Hortilux 1000W 145000 lumens $119.99 x2
    Sun Blaze T5-46 4'x6' vegging lamp $221.95 x1
    Grow YoYo 2 hangers per pair $18.95 x3
    Sunshine Mix #4 $40 x??
    Digital Timers $20 x4
    EcoPlus Classic 8" Inline Fan(590CFM certified) $185 x1
    8" x 25ft Ducting $30
    Phresh Filter 6"x24"(550CFM certified) $182 x1
    10'x25' Panda Plastic(floor patch) $27 x1
    1mil-48"x100' Mylar roll $56 x1
    EcoPlus Digital Thermometer/Hygrometer w/remote censor $37 x1
    5 gallon premium nursery pot $2.33x12
    Hanna Combo pH/EC/TDS/Temp meter $192 x1
    pH up and pH down $30
    Bud Candy $25

Fertilizer and nutrients(I have no idea what to purchase but my friend who has been growing for quite some time said it will run me around 300, and that he will help pick it out). $300????

Clones $10 x 12
    CO2 boost bucket $150 x1

I will have two rooms for this, a garage for flowering and a smaller bedroom for vegging. Room size is unknown at this point because i am looking for a townhouse/duplex. It will be a 1 car garage most likely and probably a 10x12x10 room or close to that. How many plants could i house under these two 1000W hoods and not over crowd them? I know this is a very general and almost impossible to answer question but here goes... How much do you think i will yield(from you personal experience)?

When all is said and done this comes to around $3350, but my friend will be getting me about a 20% discount on pretty much everything at the hydro store. I will be looking around $2700 for all of this to start up.

I was just wondering if there was anything i missed/that you experts could recommend. I was curious about the veg lamp because I usually read people vegging under MH lights not floros. Any changes you would personally make to this list with explanation would be awesome!

Any information would be of great help and be greatly appreciated.

2. You need to find where you are growing first and work from there and may I suddgest not buying the best of the best the first go around. If you have never grown before, you should grow a plant or two and then start thiking bigger.

3. When you put it in a list like that it seems so much stuff lol! Expensive too! Good luck with the grow!

Maybe get sum picks on once set up?
    Peace :bongs:

4. Yes pics help us help u! :)