Beginer Needs Your Advice

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TNPAuTo, Dec 3, 2002.

1. High, my name is Dick, I just signed up on this forum a few days ago and already I need your help. I am a everyday smoker who is tired of paying the everyday prices. This is where I got the idea to grow my own. I have planted three different strands this morning. (N.C. Skunk, KB, and Shwag) I planted them in three medium sized pots and they are in an odd place. They're in my bathroom cabinet, surrounded by aluminum foil. I have a 150 watt heat lamp to start out with. I just planted them this morning. I will have a few pictures up when I get a chance. I just need tips on how often and how much to water them, and when they will sprout and flower etc... I will check this page everyday after school. Thanks for the help.

-Dick

2. :wave: Hi TNPAuTo

The 1st thing that you want to do is, get rid of that heat lamp..It will fry your babies..The best light for you at this point is a flouro. You can get little round ones that will screw into a regular light socket. You will have to have good ventolation in your grow area..Do a 24/7 veg stage for about 5 or 6 weeks..Then change the lighting time to 18hrs. on, an 6hrs. off..Do this for about 5 or 6 weeks to get the heighth that you need to get a good yield.Then at that point you are ready to switch to 12/12 lighting for 8 weeks..{No less}..at this point you better have lots of growing room for all those big awesome budz..:D You stay cool an I hope this helps ya out some..:D

3. make sure your foil is on the dull side to prevent hot spots that will burn your bbs. Believe me these plants can get really big so make sure you have enough room. Your best bet is to buy a moisture meter it takes the guess work out of watering.

4. thanx, I'll take your advice, anyways, you know any stores that will carry what I need?

5. lusterleaf.com has all kinds of meters, light, soil, ph, etc.
    Any flower nursery shoud carry what you need.

6. I added a new twist recently to my veggy area.

I came across one of those reflectors that you would place on your dashboard to block out the sun from coming into your cars windshield and cooking your car. This one happens to be a foil type with dull foil content. It seems to kick the light back at the babies and stands up by itself.