Beginer Grower....needs some help deciding

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Justawareofme, Nov 23, 2009.

1. So, i'm going to start growing. I've got a 2 1/2 by 2/12 area to work with. Its 5 foot high(rounda bout). Then another 4 feet or so underneth that has shelves every 1 foot or so.

Ventalation won't be a problem if I need it. I've got a plan for that; I'm goint to run intake and outtake into the closet of the bedroom which is next to the closet that i'm using(its a spare bedroom).

I'm still deciding whether to use CFL's or HID. Money is a factor. I've got a 250$ max budget for the lighting.

I've looked at alot of different systems. There are a few on ebay, 250 watt duel HPS and MH for 140$ here is the link: 250 WATTS HPS+MH DIGITAL GROW LIGHT GIANT HOOD BALLAST - eBay (item 160379540279 end time Nov-23-09 16:55:06 PST) what is the difference between that and going for a more expinsive 250 duel setup?

What do ya'll think? Would it be sufficiant?

I think i'll use the top half of my area to grow the adult plants(budding), and the bottom for seedings/vegging. But that will be later on i belive.

I'm only looking at 2 plants, I think. i'd like to go more, but i don't want the plants to suffer from lack of space or light. Any suggestions? Maybe i'll do 3.

I know i definetly want to go sativa. I'm not much for the couch-lock highs. Whats the easiest sativa for a beginner? It HAS to have a really high yeild, pref. dense buds. The quality isn't all that important. I mean, i want some dank. But it doesn't have to be the dankest of dank. Or even the dankest. Just some good bud will do. Money is an issue there too.

Thanks for reading!!
    ----New grower-----

***This was asked for informational purposes ONLY*** I'm doing a college paper on it.

2. Check out HTG Supply Co. Theyve got really good deals on grow stuff. 400W mh/hps lamp plus some is $165. High Tech Garden Supply
    And im only on my first grow, but Ive heard white widow is a good strains for beginners. Im only using bagseed now. But check that site out.

check out my grow setup at http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-roo...s-2x2x6-carbon-filter-help-pics-included.html

3. You are going to have trouble with Sativas if you only have 5' of space. Most will double or triple in size when switched from veg to flowering. You are going to have to switch them while they are still small or do some scrog or LST. I would recommend fluoros for vegging (check out T5s--they are great) and a HPS for flowering. You only have a little over 6 sq ft, so 250W HPS would be just fine. You can also make a cool tube from a pyrex bakearound with this size bulb to help keep your space cool.

These are the strains I would recommend for that up heady high you want (I don't like the couch-lock high either):

C-99
    Apollo 11
    Satori
    Speed Queen