Beg. Lighting help...Would be much appreciated

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by nsv888, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Hey I'm new to the forum/growing...Recently got my medical card and had a question on lights. I've been researchingfans I plan on growing 12 plants (4 sativa, 4 hybrid, 4 indica) in an 8'x8' room...is a 1000w hps too small for flowering? I'm trying to be cost effecient...Suggestions would be much appreciated thank you.

2. You can never have too much light you can have too much heat

post up a budget. Total usable grow space measurements. Maybe snap a couple pics.

3. #4 housefullOweed, Oct 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2010
    You need an air cooled hood and a 1000 watt light realistically would only cover a 4x4 area well.

4. What size fan you gonna get. 1000 watts is hot

what's the intake temp gonna be? Got an ac in there?

5. It is I'm basement and will ready in a fee weeks to start ( right at the start of winter) in New England so it gets pretty cold up here I was planning on using a 6 or 8" inlet fan with a carbon filter

6. :hello:I'm doing 12 plants under a 1000 watter too. My difference is that I'm gonna be growing in a 2'x4'x7' tent, and I will have two 4 inch fans one for forced and filtered intake, and one for a filtered exhaust. Thats enough light for that number of plants for me, but in your situation you need probably another 1000 watter or just make your grow area smaller, oh and I picked up a dimmable lumatek 1000 for 294 and some change shipped, and someone might prove me wrong but that's the cheapest I could find the dimmable 120/240 lumatek for.:cool: I've heard they work well but they look pretty too.:rolleyes: Also I went dimmable because I dont need the full power for vegging and I can keep it closer in this case also, oh yeah, I also got a 6 inch cool tube for it too, because yes heat IS an issue with the bigger hid's.