Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Before you started smoking?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Florol, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Before you started smoking what did you think about weed? Did you know anything about it, what did you think it does to you?

Before I smoked weed I thought people smoked it because it tasted good not because it got you high. I was planning on finding mint and drying it up and smoking it to see if it's like weed. :smoke:

2. I was brainwashed, I remember wanting to tell my cousin's mom when I found out he smoked haha

3. My dad always kept em rolled up around the house & I would always find his stash. Not until 16 that I discovered the beauty of it!

4. Well my brother was always getting suspended from school, and spent like 6 months in a halfway home for smoking weed, so I obviously thought it was horrible. Glad to have come to the conclusion that its the laws that are fucked up, not the plant.

5. I've always thought I was going to smoke weed at some point in my life, since I was in like 7th grade. When I actually first smoked pot in 10th grade, I was completely desensitized to the idea that it was "bad". So I guess I've always been pretty neutral towards it prior to me smoking it.

6. I always had an open mind but I could not smoke during the school year due to random school drug testing.

Smoked my sophomore year it was great.

7. when i was growing up i stayed away from drugs, didnt interest me anyways. I never had bud offered to me until i was a senior in highschool. Senior year rolled around, my two only friends that smoked bud offered me it a few times. I said no every time until i actually researched it for myself. Next day i hit that pipe and no regrets.

8. I was highly against drugs when I was younger, and closed minded as many religious folks are these days. I don't know what led me to take that first hit, but I can gladly say I was so wrong, and am a lot more open minded than I used to be.

9. I spent the better part of my young life drug free and completely believing all the hype, lies and bullshit about weed, what it does and what it can do to you. I was so brainwashed I wouldn't even listen to people that tried to tell me different.
    Then one evening I was having a really hard time with some personal issues and a friend of mine whom I trusted completely asked me if I wanted to share a joint with her, with my mood the way it was I said "Screw it, why not?" smoke it with her, had a a great time, laughed my ass off and felt better than I had in a long time.
    That was 8 years ago and I haven't stopped partaking since.

10. I had always been the kid who was insanely anti-drug and anti-alcohol. Although in 5th grade I had a desire to smoke cigarettes, luckily I didn't. As a child tobacco fascinated me and drugs were some horrible thing I vowed to never touch. Come the nice age of 13 I realized that tobacco is moderately horrible for you, and that drugs were nothing like they were cracked up to be (To be honest here: I thought every drug made you see colors and super loopy). From there on out I've not really stopped smoking, I'm currently at an 8th a day personals with no real societal repercussions (other than general college laziness, although that was there since 3rd grade haha).

People change with experiences, once I had friends that weren't shut ins I learned the good and bad of the world, as I recommend everyone does.

11. This.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FwWM7nsxd0]420 Disaster - YouTube[/ame]

12. I despised weed and talked shit about everyone that did it all through high school.
    My buddies said it was time one night when we were all back from college, I tried it, my whole vision got tunneled, I laughed for so long that I was mad because I couldn't ever remember why I was laughing, then I ate enough food to feed a small village. Not many times in my life I've been wrong, but that was a big, enormous wrong by me.

13. I was the guy talkin about how weed should be legal before I even started smoking

14. i was a nerdy fuck in high school and i always wanted to try it at one point, but considered it this big bad thing. until i discovered other drugs

15. My dad was a huge stoner when he was my age which was 13-19 and I'm 18 and a half right now, and I didn't start smoking regularly till maybe a year ago. I never really saw pot as a bad thing, I just never touched it. Then i found out my cousins smoke, and I started blazing with them and found dealers and made connects. Made tons of friends. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

16. Well, my older brother was a dealer when I lived with him.
    I used to walk out in the living room, they'd be passing a blunt around and I didn't think anything of it, or care for that matter. I didn't know what it was, it never crossed my mind.
    I think it was 7th grade, my friend started talking about how he smoked weed and I just thought it was the coolest thing ever, so naturally I wanted to be like him and started.
    Before I was interested in it, I never really thought about it at all. Maybe like once or twice in my life before that, and I probably thought it was bad and unhealthy.

Very interesting idea for a topic by the way!

17. I was always pretty open minded since I always knew people who smoked but I never did since I didnt want to get caught. Plus, i thought i'd get cancer from it. I can not tell you how worried about cancer I was when I started out. I only took my first hit because curiosity killed the cat and I can say ive always loved it.

18. When i think about before high school people didnt really talk about it and i dint really think about it much but i guess i was always against it before i started hanging out with new people that introduced me to this wonderful plant.

19. I was against it because a few of my close friends tried it in high school and they stopped hanging out with our group and just became obsessed with it. I didn't want to try it in high school because I knew if I liked it I would do it a lot, thats just how I am. Also a lot of my dumber friends tried were into it so I correlated it with making you dumb/not caring about school. I also believed I would get lung cancer and my Grandpa just died of brain cancer and it was a sucky death. I though that if I could try weed without smoking it I might. But I waited till college and alas I loved it and am a daily toker. i believed way to much false stuff about this plant.

20. Didn't really care as long as the smokers didn't bother anyone