Before weed was made illegal...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by tittybullshitty420, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Before pot was made illegal in most parts of the world, did people smoke it as often as they do now? I know they used hemp to make ropes and stuff like that but was it still popular to smoke way back then; or at least used for medicinal purposes?

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

2. It was widely used for medicine, getting high, spiritual or religious, or industrial.
    Asia has old records of cannabis use.

3. Old queen victoria took cannabis tincture regularly.
    Wise old bird,she lived to a grand age :)

Sent from my SM-T210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. It wasn't widely used to get high with in the USA. It was used, just not widely like today. If it was widely used in the USA then I feel a lot of the racist shit that was used to make it illegal the first time wouldn't have worked also ppl would have laughed at reefer madness instead of thinking its true.

It has been used for hundreds of years as a medicine though(just not by Americans)

5. Luv the old labels -[​IMG][​IMG]

6. #8 boydamien, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2015
    Years and years ago they used radium for everything,and i do mean just that.
    Well up until they realised it fucking killed you lol

Watched a documentary on weed and poisons, and its uses.
    Heres a random fact.
    The most deadliest poison to man is also the most expensive product on earth.

And heres the kicker. Rich vain people get it injected into them to remove wrinkles. (Botox)

50 gram would kill everyone on the planet
    Sent from my SM-T210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. What I wonder, is how man eventually led up to the point of smoking it. Was it accidental? They must of had to process a large amount and got skin contact from ripened trichlomes (spelling) and realized it got you a head change.

8. Peace pipe man :)

9. I'm pretty sure hashish has always been popular in the middle east.

10. It was always popular there, but hash making is believed to have been started in Asia.