Before I see my doctor, any ideas as to what this is?

Discussion in 'General' started by dawnofwar, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Ok, well some background been smoking cigarettes for 3 years now. Blazing for 4. In the past 2 months, I had a wierd lung thing twice. Involved going on Biaxin for 7 days, and using a puffer. I had to this this twice, within a month.

A few months ago ( I would say 6 ) I started noticing that I was getting sharp pains in my chest. Sometimes both lungs, sometimes one. Always around the nipple area, maybe a little lower (3-4 inches). It feels like theres a bruise there, but bruises don't stay for 6 months. Recently it has gotten worst ( past few days ). However, about a week ago me and my buddy were fighting ( not serious, jokingly. But with punches and kicks. ) He kicked, and I mistakingly walked into it. He hit the spot were my pain usually is. It winded me for a few seconds, but after that thought nothing off it. The next day it felt bruised. And its still continued to feel like that a week later. Right now I can't tell if theres something wrong with my lungs ( for awhile I thought I might have had lung cancer. But the pain didn't progress or get worse so I passed it off. )
    Right now its the worse its been in months. It hurts to touch, and when I cough it hurts. Also, I don't know if this is normal or not, but on one of my rib bones, the bone feels like theres a little marble in there. I'm making an appointment with my doctor soon, but I have to wait about a week to see her, so in the mean time, has ANYONE experienced this? or known someone that has.

The wierd thing though, is it doesn't hurt to smoke. It just hurts when I cough ( smoking or not ) and it hurts to touch the area, not lightly, but with some pressure. I also have to hack mucus up and swallow it periodically ( some days its not so bad, sometimes its annoying )

2. Well with my vast experience I would say it's probably Herpes.

The point: There's no doctor on these forums, go see one in real life.

3. Herp derp, did you read my post? I said I have to wait to go see her, might as well ask while I'm waiting.

4. You probably just pinched a nerve or pulled a muscle. Most people don't even know they have cancer because it doesn't cause them any pain at all, so pain is good. Quit the cigarettes dude, I use to be a pack a day smoker and was able to quit by just smoking a bit more herb instead. Quitting is not the hard part, it's not starting again (for me anyways). Anyways good luck and all the power to ya!

5. But no one is going to be able to tell you for sure, and it sounds like it may be serious, you should see a doctor.

Herp derp:rolleyes:

6. i second the herpes notion, but my doctorate is in green thumbing though

7. Sounds like bronchitis or pneumonia. I have had both before and didn't know it and continued to smoke. It's really bad on your lungs. I would go to Urgent Care if it becomes a serious issue. And like always, stop smoking those damn cigarettes. Maybe ease up and vaporize or something, don't be taking massive bong hits.

8. Yea I don't think its lung cancer either. I'm pretty sure you would definately be able to tell if a tumor was in your lungs. Plus you would notice a decrease in lung capacity because of a golfball+ size thing in your lungs.

Also when I went in for the last time because of my lung infection or w.e. it was, the doctor ( this was a little less then a month ago ) she did the stethascope thing, and didn't say anything. She said "lungs are all clear".
    And I even had this pain back then too.

9. Yea I'm trying. Its hard though, I find however that if I have herb on hand, I don't smoke as much. Its not serious, its not disrupting my daily life either, its just the fact thats its fucking annoying.