Before I Buy a PS3

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by shermdawg767, Jan 16, 2014.

1. [quote name="shermdawg767" post="19349080" timestamp="1389840549"]I haven't owned my own console for a while now because video games got to expensive for me and i lost interest in them. Now that I have some money to spare and want to get back into them since I'm in college and don't see my friends much anymore because i live a good distance away, i thought hey i should buy a console since I'm usually just on the internet and listening to music while high. Might as well play some video games to hold my interest as well.I want to purchased a refurbished PS3 from GameStop and pick up a few used games like assassins creed, god of war, GTA5, and etc.my question is what size gigabyte of console should i get im thinking 120GB I will only be using the console to play games and I wont have more than 10 video games at once because of cost? Anyone had any problems with refurbished systems from GameStop also any suggestion for good TV's's like a 22 or 30 inch for gaming? Thanks all help is much appreciated! :confused_2: :smoking: :yummy: :smoke:[/quote] get a 120 gig then get ps plus, its like 40 bucks and you get a SHITLOAD of free games to play. AAA titles like uncharted, borderlands 2 etc.Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Well I finally got it! I bought a PS3 Slim along with GTA5 haha. I also purchased a insignia 22" LED TV 1080p 60hz including a Dynex HDMI cable. Couldn't help but to also pick up a Blu ray of The Big Lebowski!
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1391210597.313051.jpg

"We can't stop here this is bat country"-Fear and Loathing

3. sounds like your gonna have a good night!

4. Yea all I need is to pick up some pot! Haha

5. lol better get on that .

6. Great movie Walter is probably one of the funniest characters I've ever seenSent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. nice! enjoy! gta5 is really good. all you'll need as far as games for a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Still open to any titles you guess would recommend!

9. Play Heavy Rain and Mirrors Edge, as well as The Last of Us. Other than those three games I have nothing worthwhile to add to this thread.

10. Anyone ever use the PS3 Bluetooth headset? Is it comfortable at all?

11. Yo man add me on psn. BongxHits

you're gonna have a blast!

12. #32 Twistedweather, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2014
      I have the pulse elite wireless headset.  It came to be a fine intro to gaming headsets.  It also will work with your PC and TV.  The charge lasts about 5hrs max,  when recharging you use the same cord when charging the controller

Great surround sound and loaded with options, plus you can download optimized audio settings for certain games
    ex. The Last of Us, GTAV, BioShk Infte       
    [​IMG]    
    Only drawbacks:
    At times I need to reposition the headset,  cuz after a while the part that rest on top of the head becomes uncomfortable.  But thats easily fixed by angling them forward a bit.

Bass lvl needs to be adjusted or its like a vibrator on your ears

13. I purchased the PS3 Bluetooth headset the one that's urban camo. The mic work grey and everything but I want to hear the in game audio and sound. What's my problem?

14. LOL WHY BUY A PS3 WHEN 4 is out?\\

15. 120gb is more then enough for you blade....go with that choiceSent from my~★☆GALAX¥ $4☆★ U$ing Tapat@lk 4

16. Didn't have the cash, I'm fined with why I have as long as it does the job :)

17. [quote name="Twistedweather" post="19458441" timestamp="1391447019"] I have the pulse elite wireless headset. It came to be a fine intro to gaming headsets. It also will work with your PC and TV. The charge lasts about 5hrs max, when recharging you use the same cord when charging the controllerGreat surround sound and loaded with options, plus you can download optimized audio settings for certain gamesex. The Last of Us, GTAV, BioShk Infte\t [​IMG] Only drawbacks:At times I need to reposition the headset, cuz after a while the part that rest on top of the head becomes uncomfortable. But thats easily fixed by angling them forward a bit.Bass lvl needs to be adjusted or its like a vibrator on your ears.... [/quote] I have the same headset!! A must buy OP I love using these especially when my daughter is sleeping in the other room all the gameplay noise plays through the headsets.Sent from my~★☆GALAXÂ¥ $4☆★ U$ing Tapat@lk 4

18. Good point :D

19. [quote name="shermdawg767" post="19460794" timestamp="1391476263"]I purchased the PS3 Bluetooth headset the one that's urban camo. The mic work grey and everything but I want to hear the in game audio and sound. What's my problem?"We can't stop here this is bat country"-Fear and Loathing[/quote]You can't not with those it's meant to be just a mic to chat with other players. Have a ps3 bluetooth headset as well. Sent from my~★☆GALAX¥ $4☆★ U$ing Tapat@lk 4

20. Now that you have gta5 we should play Shermdawg!! Add my gamertag its so_savage420 Sent from my~★☆GALAX¥ $4☆★ U$ing Tapat@lk 4