Before I Buy a PS3

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by shermdawg767, Jan 16, 2014.

1. I haven't owned my own console for a while now because video games got to expensive for me and i lost interest in them. Now that I have some money to spare and want to get back into them since I'm in college and don't see my friends much anymore because i live a good distance away, i thought hey i should buy a console since I'm usually just on the internet and listening to music while high. Might as well play some video games to hold my interest as well.
    I want to purchased a refurbished PS3 from GameStop and pick up a few used games like assassins creed, god of war, GTA5, and etc.my question is what size gigabyte of console should i get im thinking 120GB I will only be using the console to play games and I wont have more than 10 video games at once because of cost? Anyone had any problems with refurbished systems from GameStop also any suggestion for good TV's's like a 22 or 30 inch for gaming? Thanks all help is much appreciated!  :confused_2:  :smoking:  :yummy: :smoke:

2. Stay away from video games. Go to the gym, ride a bike hang out with new friends. Whatever you do stay away from video games and tv.. You have the upper hand now. Don't give that away. Plus it's a waste of money and valuable time.

3. lol. you can do all that stuff while also having time to play video games or watch tv. i hate it when people feel the need to act all high and mighty in other people's threads. this dude clearly wants to spend some of HIS time playing video games, so who are you to say what he should or shouldn't do with his time? do you think you're going to change his mind all mighty enlightened one? please share more unwanted wisdom with us.

4. [quote name="tetoleetd" post="19349226" timestamp="1389842034"]lol. you can do all that stuff while also having time to play video games or watch tv. i hate it when people feel the need to act all high and mighty in other people's threads. this dude clearly wants to spend some of HIS time playing video games, so who are you to say what he should or shouldn't do with his time? do you think you're going to change his mind all mighty enlightened one? please share more unwanted wisdom with us.[/quote]120 should be enough, I have a refurbished 360 no problems. uou can get gamestop warranty if yiu are worried. I have a nice 32 in samsung I got during black friday that was fairly cheap.

5. [quote name="TejasBoi" post="19349145" timestamp="1389841185"]Stay away from video games. Go to the gym, ride a bike hang out with new friends. Whatever you do stay away from video games and tv.. You have the upper hand now. Don't give that away. Plus it's a waste of money and valuable time.[/quote]I workout at the gym and watch tv. At the same time.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. None of those things you listed are inherently better than playing games; not to mention the fact that you dont have to disseminate your daily activities to such a fine like that you either play games, or you exercise

you didnt answer any of OPs questions... You just threw out your bogus opinion that video games are bad and to stay away from them

120 gb is plenty fine for PS3 hdd size.

Refurbished systems are just fine, dont worry about buying them, they will hold up fine.

Depending on how far away you sit from the TV 30-40  inches is around the perfect size for console gaming

7. 32inch.tv and if u can.get a bigger hdd because if u get ps+ u get free.games allot.of them and.good aaa titles like infamous ect battlefield 3 even

Sent from my r800i from the intergalactic spacestation!

:poke:

9. Shit my fault kids. I didn't know I was in the gamer section. I'll let y'all discuss your video games by y'all selfs. I'm sure you don't need an adult telling you your wasting your parents money and ur time on this earth playing games. Op get the biggest fuckIn PS4 you can get with all the hooks ups. And fuck tv's.. Get a projection screen so you won't miss a thing while life passes you by. Enjoys kids

10. You.sir

11. Ummm dude.wtf is.your problem ?every video game on this planet is probably worth more to humanity then your.sorry ass, yes shreks big.adventure.too. Because each.game took.hardwork and.dedication.to.make, not.to mention.the.creativity and dedication that.is an a.game, if you think.videogames are.stupid anf.a.waste.of time then so is painting, playing.instruments and.every.other.art.form, also how is watching tv or.movies better. Also.dont even.spout some exercise.this.that bs, cause I do.more exercise and sport in a week.than you do in a year. Skateboarding,rock climbing, moutainbiking,schroomhunting,fitness,weights,jogging,swimming i.do it.all. (typed on my ghetto phone.so excuse spelling and.random periods.)

12. Oh and unlike.your tommy.hilfinger/ Hollister.wearing.brat my.parents pocket never.went.farther.than it was legally required.too

13. #13 *guest, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
    For $50 more you could get a brand new 250GB model with The Last Of Us

Also, looks like GTA V is $55 used at Game Stop, it's only $40 brand new everywhere else I've looked (Amazon, Walmart, Target). I'd definitely shop around a bit as far as games go, Game Stop can be spendy even for used games. 

14. Let's keep the PEACE! those who answered my questions I very much appreciate the help. I guess I will go ahead with the refurbished PS3 from GameStop. Not sure about the t.v though I doubt I'll have enough cash for a new tv. My old one may have to do haha. What's you guys favorite games to play while baked?"We can't stop here this is bat country"-Fear and Loathing

15. [quote name="janedough" post="19349653" timestamp="1389846383"]For $50 more you could get a brand new 250GB model with The Last Of UsAlso, looks like GTA V is $55 used at Game Stop, it's only $40 brand new everywhere else I've looked (Amazon, Walmart, Target). I'd definitely shop around a bit as far as games go, Game Stop can be spendy even for used games. [/quote]Thanks for the help I'll define fly check out the games prices online."We can't stop here this is bat country"-Fear and Loathing

16. Any tv really is great to play on and a 120GB system for only ten games is well more than enough. Look into if gamestop has any warrantees (Spelled that worng oh well) on the one you want to buy, if it's used and doesn't work I would assume it could be taken back with the receipt.

I couldn't find any on their site, looks like you can only exchange for up to 30 days. 

That's another thing about buying new. The refurbished is only $50 cheaper than The Last Of Us bundle anyway and with the bundle you know you're covered for a year if anything goes wrong. 

The reviews on the refurbished ones are pretty split too. Be a shame to spend all that money and have it break down on you. 

18. I saw my brother play the last of us, it was very entertaining to watch. I tried a little and died though :( check it out!

I've only played a couple hours of it, but it's very cool so far. 

20. [quote name="TejasBoi" post="19349514" timestamp="1389845090"]Shit my fault kids. I didn't know I was in the gamer section. I'll let y'all discuss your video games by y'all selfs. I'm sure you don't need an adult telling you your wasting your parents money and ur time on this earth playing games. Op get the biggest fuckIn PS4 you can get with all the hooks ups. And fuck tv's.. Get a projection screen so you won't miss a thing while life passes you by. Enjoys kids[/quote]As is adults dont play video games. I am in college I have a job and I pay for my video games with my own money thank you very much. You seem to act like getting the past generation console for some casual gaming is a sin on the earth? Do you have something to do every single minute of your day? I prefer video games to shitty tv. Also, just about god damn near anything you do on this planet is wasting your time and probably making the enviroment or some aspect shitier. Go save the world elsewhere man.