Beers And A Bowl After A Workout?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by 12stepCornelius, Apr 20, 2014.

1. I don't know, I'm sitting here after my workout, which I do every other day (strength training), watching Netflix, with a sixer of craft ales and a bowl. Does anyone think that maybe this hinders the muscles from healing properly after breaking them down during the weights, etc.? 

2. no dude it's not something you do every day

3. your good as long as you eat some real food 

4. #4 dinoog, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2014
    I burn after a workout every time. Wouldnt know if it would be noticable on how quick you recover.
    I know for sure the beer wont be good.

Enjoy a nice bowl after and you will feel so nice and relaxed. My boy burns after just like me everytime now that i got him to try out the herb and he never mentioned anything negative.

I recover in like 2 days and i take protein, creatine, fish oil.

Time to go get a new gym membership since i moved, thanks for the reminder :)

Also i smoke everyday so maybe my body is used to it but i wouldnt know for sure

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S4 Active

5. dont drink man. the booze is gonna take away from ur workout. drinking after working out is almost like not working out. haha. blaze away bro but id stay away from beer

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

6. if u r gonna drink i would drink liquor since its less calories. a can of beer is roughly 150 calories while an oz of vodka is about 60.

That might be true if he's drinking heavy every day, however I don't think drinking a few craft beers occasionally would hurt his gains in any serious way. Obviously they're gonna add quite a few calories going in, but there's no reason it should inhibit muscle growth or anything like that.

As long as it's not an everyday thing it's fine IMO.

8. i read it online somewhere when i was curious about that. idk if its completely true. id just rather toke. sometimes i toke before i work out. cant get stoned or i wont get anything done. but a little smoke will really help me focus on what im doin. i always feel i get higher when i toke after working out

9. Alcohol is bad for you period. Dont kid yourself.

They say a drink a day is good for your heart. But that is bs psuedoscience with absolutly nothing backing it. And even.if it was true; the negative health effects still outweigh.

That being said. Alcohol is awsome. Just dont kid yourself into thinking you can drink daily and be in perfect health

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Yeah absolutely weed's the healthier option. And if he's going for like  6 pack abs or something those beers are gonna sabotage him, cause I mean just drinking a 6 pack of brews is around 1000 extra calories.

Don't get me started on weed vs alcohol, cause weed wins that war hands down, but I'm pretty sure moderate drinking isn't gonna hurt his muscle gains, although he's probably gonna pack on a bunch of extra fat if he does it every day.

11. Lol, a lot of you seem to think I drink a sixer everyday. I don't. It's Saturday though, so...anyway, I guess the consensus here, is relax you post-work out muscles with thc, not alcohol. Noted!

12. Oh and by the way, I have the metabolism of a god, so I'm not worried about getting a beer belly ANYTIME soon.

13. Nothing beats a bowl after a good workout. It eases the muscle soreness and helps me get a good nights sleep.

14. 2-3 beers day is good for you.  A 6 pack every once in a while may not be healthy but its alright.  Regular excessive drinking can mess with protein synthesis and lower testosterone.

15. how old are you?

I had a friend like that in high school who is in late 20's now and.got fat

16. No. Daily beer is not good for you at all in any ammount.

18. Holy fuck this is my exact routine every day. I don't mean to toot my own horn here but I personally am still in pretty decent shape and have noticed nothing but happiness from my routine. Sure, it might take away a little from your workout, but it's a positive reinforcement and will make it easier for you to head to the gym cause you know you can count on your Netflix, beer and bowl once you're home. That's how I see it anyway. Positive reinforcements, man, positive reinforcements... whatever motivates ya

19. Trust me, Ive looked into it ;)  Three might be pushing it but a couple a day does have health benefits.  I unfortunately am not the type of person that can stop after a couple.

20. #20 Tomason, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
    Why would you say that?

The best is Weizenbier or Weissbeer or however you americans call it (wheat beer? lol). Just google it (vit b etc.)

Alcohol in small amounts is still "prescribed" by german doctors. Heck I even saw a pic on facebook the other week where a doctor from my town actually filled out a prescription to a person that said it :laughing:

Anyhow: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_effects_of_wine