Beer Weed

Discussion in 'General' started by Casper The Don, Jul 15, 2011.

1. #1 Casper The Don, Jul 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2011
    Since hops are flowers & a relative of cannabis, would it work if you placed marijuana buds during brewing? Resulting in a concoction that would get you high & drunk simultaneously?

Just a thought, I'm no brewer or anything.

2. cannabis*

3. Nice contribution.

4. Alcohol will extract and suspend THC. The higher the proof the better.

Look into green dragon.

5. Idk but that would be the best beer on the market!

6. Thank you.

7. I'm thinkin he wants to replace the hops with cannabis....

Not green dragon, but a MJ beer...

OP I dont think it'd(MJ) ferment like the hops do...:confused_2:

8. actually using pot in the beer making process? no, from what I hear its a stupid thing to even attempt.

but you can grind up your buds and soak them in vodka and apparently it absorbs the thc or some shit

9. If you got buds to blow like that try it and tell us how it goes.

10. na they do this alot
    i have drank some at hippie fests//

the weed liquer was dank

11. So it's possible?

12. Beer might not work, it's too low in proof to extract the THC. Maybe a little, but not really worth it.

13. You could, its alcohol soluble. But as the other guy said, it might not be nearly enough alcohol.

It would be a huge waste and it would taste like shit.

I don't know about you, but have you ever tasted raw buds? They're horrible, and cannabis flavored beer would be just gross.

14. #14 NutsLikeKngKong, Jul 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2011
    Your best bet would be grind up your buds, almost to a powder, and soak it in some really potent whiskey for 2ish weeks. Then just add a little bit of that to your beer when its done, you probably want to have a real dark and heavy beer too.

But using buds like you would use hops is just going to give you a nasty beer with very little THC in it.

15. I wasn't plan on doing any of this shit.

I don't even drink beer, just seeing if it was possible & if so why hasn't anyone done it.

16. This guy is talking about actually brewing the beer, its a process in and of itself.

If at the very least you didn't get the desired medical beer, you would damn sure still have some good ass cannabeer.

Ever tried Blue Moon? Bud instead of oranges

edit: nevermind then, but yes you can do this (and fests are the only locale I could imagine finding it lol)

17. yeah, its not really possible to do it straight up... but there are things you can do to get thc into beer... its easier to get thc into harder alcohol though

18. na dog its possible

19. maybe if you use it in the brewing process instead of hops for an example

20. Did you read the original post?