Beeping Sound From Weed After High Went Down?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by johndoenew123, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Hello,
    Recently I was smoking and as we all know marijuana heightens senses. My hearing was sensitive during my three highs that day and sometimes I would get a beeping sound in my ear that always went away but this time after getting high three times on the same day and experiencing the same the high wore off, but the beeping in my ears did not subside. It has now been 5 days since then. The beeping is not that loud and its perfectly mangable as sometimes I dont even notice it. But i have researched and found out it is basically tinnitus induced by smoking weed apparently. I am very stressed out about this and have stopped smoking hoping that the sound will subside, I read on forum that when THC leave my body completely it should leave and because of its prolonged half-life i have that symptom. Has anyone else experienced this? Will the beeping leave? This is causing me a lot of anxiety, knowing that a may have given myself tinnitus for the rest of my life.

2. #2 s0mekind, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2014
    Are you kidding me? This is a load of bullshit, I don't know where you got your "research", but looking all over google, I couldn't find a single article stating weed could cause tinnitus, nor did I find anyone else claiming that they got this from using marijuana. :rolleyes:

3. @[member="s0mekind"]
    Thats how it happned. It could easily be something different, thats why I am going to the doctor later today. But, I never had it before the event I explained before.

4. so you have been smoking for how long now? 

5. #5 johndoenew123, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2014
    @[member="BladeRunnin"] couple months, it all started going downhill when I got a panic attack one day, and after that I only one other panic attack, but my whole experience with weed wasnt the one I started using it for, it had changed.

6. so in two months you self diagnosed yourself as having two panic attack, developing tinnitus, and watched the decline of your high to become something you dont want. why did you continue smoking?

7. Yup, go to the doctor, you won't find an answer here.....

8. @[member="BladeRunnin"] around 6 months, the panic attacks didnt happen each time I smoked, so that didnt bother me, but the decline of the high was something that happned in a matter of around 3 days, and then the beeping kicked it

9. went to the ENT and everything is solved, tinnitus was caused by my allergies and some ear wax, already went down and should be gone completely in a few days. Smoking marijuana apparently only heightened my symptoms so I could become aware of it, because it was so miniscule.

Interesting. People always get defensive when you say "weed caused xyz", but it CAN cause stuff indirectly. I mean marijuana has effects on the body and those effects can stand in a positive or negative relation to things. Just because one says "weed caused" doesn't mean a perfectly healthy human being got sick from weed.... people and their drugs :laughing: 

11. I've been a lurker on these boards for a while, and I just created an account to add to this thread.

I'm 35 years old and have had tinnitus my entire life.

I'm a very occasional smoker.  I recently got a vaporizer and have indulged way more than usual the last 3 weeks because of my new toy.  After vaping a bit over the last week, and a whole lot last weekend, my tinnitus got noticeably worse.  It first happened while vaping last Saturday, and it has been noticeably worse since then.  I haven't smoked/vaped in the last 3 days.

Since I've had tinnitus my whole life, I'm very in tune with it.  The tone/pitch/volume rarely ever change unless I have a bad head cold (which I currently do not), and I can unequivocally say that my tinnitus got worse after vaping a large amount over the last few weeks.  The pitch has gotten higher and louder in my right ear, and I occasionally get a pulsating sensation with it, which I rarely have. 

I've done a bunch of searching over the last few days, and there does seem to be a good amount of reports of smoking increasing the effects of tinnitus.  To be fair, there are also reports from people saying smoking HELPS their tinnitus, but it seems there are more reports of it making the effects of tinnitus worse rather than better.  Others say it has no impact.  A lot of people say that their tinnitus gets worse while they're high and goes back to normal quickly after the high wears off, but there are also people who say the worsening has lasted for some time after smoking.

I plan on laying off the vaporizer for a few more days/weeks while monitoring how my tinnitus reacts.  I'm thinking (and I've read) that because of the extended half-life, it can take a number of weeks for these negative effects relating to tinnitus to go away.  I'll post back here with updates as I have them.  

Again, I'm extremely familiar with my tinnitus, and other than having bad head colds / ear infections in the past, I've never, ever had my tinnitus consistently worsen like this for a period of days.  With that in mind, I'm fairly certain that vaping made my already existing tinnitus worse (hopefully temporarily).

If anyone else has any experience with smoking and tinnitus, I'd love to hear their input.