been up all night gardening...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Hashsnob, Aug 13, 2010.

1. anyone else always get the urge to... re-do an entire crops LST bands from scratch... wipe down every single leaf with neem oil mixture.. everything and anything possible u can do for your babys from the hours of uh i dunno... 12pm-8am? lol

2. I think that's called OCD. Good luck with your grow though.

3. LOLOL... pot ocd, lawl

4. What do you use for LST? I cant find any good sized hooks that will hold down the thicker stems.

5. I use cotton string and duck tape :D Just wrap a string around a branch pull it down and duck tape to the side of the pot. I keep them tied down from begining of veg, so they are all trained to go circular and never really pull against their restraints much since they were trained to grow that way since day one transplanting from clone. not forcing anything.

ya.. i should be doing this shit durring the day or something but I got hella bad insomnia even 20 hits of indica hash oil cant cure :(

6. ^^^ Duct tape ftw. I use jute twine but other than that pretty much the same as Mr. Snob.

I don't fiddle with mine much though, and I don't always LST, at least not in every chamber. Depends on the strain and my goals for a given grow.

7. My first few months of growing I couldnt stay out of the room, shit was tighter than my living room. My grow operation is dang near perfect at this point, took a while...now I'm at the point where I only go in there every other day & it seems to be more productive, being as I'm not opening the door two or 3 times a day, I like it to stay uncontaminated & not make too many temp swings. When I LST'ed a few plants I drilled holes in the rim of the pot, used one long string to loop over brances & through the holes, worked awesome, now I got lots of room...just grow man!

8. I fondly remember those days when I was obsessive about it. I don't take them for granted at all, don't get me wrong, but now if I spend hours in any of my grow rooms it's to meditate and just enjoy their beauty.

Once you have your particular methods dialed in they do pretty much grow themselves.

9. I think its too late to start useing duct tape and string to hold them down. Some are kinda thick but not that tall so maybe... Idk Ill give it a try but this is pretty much knowledge for next year (im outdoors).

10. Try LST'ing an hour or so after watering, the plant's will be much more... moldable.. :) you can do it, Ive taken 18 inch or so straight up tall plants inherited from someone else and not in 1 day but about a week trained the stalks down at a not quite 90degree angle but close to it about 4 inches above soil and brought it around almost a complete perimeter circle round the pot.

11. that name for this thread made me laugh.

12. I for one would feel honored to smoke such well taken care of herb/hash :wave:

13. I get the urge to do all kinds of shit at night for my indoor grows. Nobody is awake, the phone is not ringing, even the dogs are asleep.

I go out to the garage & it's just me & the ladies for the night. Perform every task I can even if it's not necessary but beneficial for them.

We jam to the radio as the 1000 watt SHPS + 600 watts of T5s light the place up with that special glow.

They may not talk back but I enjoy talking to them as opposed to your average moron you meet daily wherever.

I 100% know the feeling. Smoke On ! :smoking:

14. GOD i want to grow now....

15. growing is crazy addictive. long ago I started off with 1 plant just for kicks.. now Ive got around 30.

16. No but I do clean my room alot at night (when i do , not exactly the cleanest person . Dunno if I lt has to do with my OCD but yeah