Been searching a lot, can't find my symptoms..help!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by p_snickers, Feb 4, 2010.

1. #1 p_snickers, Feb 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2010
    First off: I don't have pics. I don't even own a camera and neither do either of my roommates. sorry :(

One of my plants if exhibiting some strange symptoms. Lots of the leaves coming from the buds are yellowing outside to in, there are Necrotic spots on the veins themselves. The plant is 4 weeks into flower and it doesn't seem to be growing much...haven't raised the lights in over a week. the buds grew quite a bit during the first few weeks, but have also seemed to slowed their swelling once this condition started to show itself.

To be on the safe side I flushed the plant yesterday in the bathroom. While I was doing that, i noticed that the soil hadn't been draining well. The holes at the bottom of the pot were clogged, holding the water in. i poked them with a wooden dowel and water came gushing out. I think the plant may have been drowning a little because of the clogged drains.

HOWEVER!

i'm just wondering if something else might be going on here? the plant didn't really appear to be overwatered or anything...looked happy except for the yellowing/necrosis on the veins. this is my first try and i want it to be successful. the soil is still wet from the flush, maybe a little bit too cold@ 68-70 degrees (intake air temp)?

Lights: CFLs
    Medium: Rough guesstimate, 53% MG organic choice potting mix, 40%perlite, 7% vermiculite
    Runoff PH: I don't check this as i bought an aquarium testing kit at first, completely useless with murky brown runoff. This would be my next guess as to where my problem lies
    Temps: intake air averages 68-70 during the day, 64-67 at night.
    Temps: Canopy temp is 80-85, a good foot above the soil
    Nutes: Jack's classic blossom booster

\tTotal Nitrogen (N)....................................... \t10% \t
    5% Ammoniacal Nitrogen \t

5% Nitrate Nitrogen \t
    \tAvailable Phosphate (P2O5)....................... \t30% \t \tSoluble Potash (K2O)................................. \t20% \t \tMagnesium (Mg)......................................... \t0.5% \t
    0.50% Water Soluble Magnesium (Mg) \t
    \tBoron (B).................................................... \t0.02% \t \tCopper (Cu)................................................ \t0.05% \t
    0.05% Chelated Copper (Cu) \t
    \tIron (Fe)...................................................... \t0.10% \t
    0.10% Chelated Iron (Fe) \t
    \tManganese (Mn)......................................... \t0.05% \t
    0.05% Chelated Manganese (Mn) \t
    \tMolybdenum (Mo)....................................... \t0.0009% \t \tZinc (Zn)...................................................... \t0.05% \t
    0.05% Chelated Zinc (Zn)

Recommended dose is 1/2 tsp per gallon of water every other watering. I started at 1/2 of their dose when i was vegging (with 30-10-10 veg nutes of the same brand) and the plants ate it up! slowly i moved up to the recommended dose and that's where i have been for the last 2 weeks flowering. I also use molasses, just eyeballin 1 tbsp every watering.
    Water: Straight from the bathtub spigot, shaken and off-gassed for at least an hour.

i'm not terribly worried, but i will be if my plant doesn't start to drink up the water in the soil soon,

thanks for your help, guys!

2. bump, i could really use some help guys, it's not getting any better. The pot is still holding on to a ton of water and seems cold.

3. #3 k status, Feb 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2010
    first 3 weeks of flowering, your plant will probably double in size, after that all the energy goes to bud development, so your plants shouldn't be gettin much taller, your basically almost at your final height.

since your using cfls though ur bud production won't be all that great.

temps are a bit cold, so you could expect purple leaves, which is fine, it's just cause of colder climate, i'd try and perk it up to about 76F, plants grow the best around there.

get a PH tester, it really is a must, im pretty sure u were having nute lockouts, and it was toxic to your plant resulting in yellowing leaves.

pretty sure u have a Nitrogen toxic problem and your soil is really high in magnesium.

it was wise of you to flush, but you need to make sure the PH of your water is neutral at 7, any higher or lower for soil, will result in nute lockouts again.

what size are your pots, and how tall is your plant, just to avoid rootbound, which extremely affects a plant during flowering, stunting growth.

if you need any other help let me know,

happy growing -K