Been overweight since 5th grade, obese since high school. Any tips?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by GreenPol, Dec 21, 2012.

1. that website sounds kick ass. i need something like that. i hope its free.

2. #22 STIGGY, Dec 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2012
    Op You may be suffering from depression and the more you eat the moreyou gain, themore the depression sets in.
    Its a never ending cycle. Do you eat for comfort?
    When you hurt does food cheer you up?
    If so You might need medical help to loose weight. There are new surgeries that will help, But you still need to control your eating.
    I have had a problem with night time eating after 9pm.
    I find that if I dont eat after 9pm and do mild walking the next day I will loose weight and fell much better too.
    So its a win win Try to control you food intact and do some walking if you are able.
    You will be surprised with the results. Good Luck
    Oh does anyone else think with all the junk food there is That the Goverment is trying to keep us Fat for slaughter?

3. no, they just dont give a shit.

4. Yup it's free and you can get your friends on it too to encourage each other

Sent from my iPhone 5 using GC Forum

5. [quote name='"BlazeLE"']oh and get yourself a manual labor job (not only do they keep you active they are far less boring than retail and usually pay more). im going to the recycling center in the next few days to apply.[/quote]

Actually I was gonna get a degree in horticulture and do landscaping so that should be good. Not only will I be able to do that but you know what horticulture provides right? What knowledge comes with it? Eh? :)

6. how to properly trim a tree?

7. Buy a cheap little treadmill, and just walk. Walk and walk and walk. Watch TV and walk. Get on GC and walk. If you do that you will lose weight fast. And jog when you can.

8. #28 BlazeLE, Dec 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2012
    only problem with treadmills is for one that can support a heavy person and be wide enough for them to be comfortable you're looking at $500+ easily (trust me i looked).

a better idea is just go outside and walk. its free. if you are embarrassed just go out after it gets dark. and this time of year it gets dark really early so you dont have to be out too late. thats what i did but now that ive slimmed down i think i might start going out during the day and again in the evening. possibly start riding my bike.

just weighed myself a bit ago after a couple mile walk and im down to 235. i feel like that was probably my middle school/freshman weight.

9. Yeah screw treadmills dude thats what the worlds for haha. No one can lose weight unless they truly want to, it's the results that are addicting and you can only get there from dedication. Just know that a century ago, this problem was far less apparent because people actually had to use these big sacks of meat we call our bodies on a daily basis. Basically what I'm saying is, if you want to look like a lumberjack, go chop wood. Don't look for some fancy diet, do what makes sense.

Start eating right, and less. This shit sucks at first, reward yourself once a week (don't go all out and lose progress, but have a fat cheeseburger on saturday if you want :smoking: )

Start walking, walk everywhere if you can. If not, grab your iPod and put on your favorite tunes then go explore nature. Use this time to think about your progress and your goals. Use the time to think about how easily it is to destroy your goals, and tell yourself that your human and can overcome anything. Seriously, that was my mentality at first. "Wow, I can't even put down the junk food when most people are starving to eat? I'm a pretty big piece of shit if that's true, a true fuckin' american." (Not saying that's you, that's what I thought of myself, it really kicked my ass in gear.) Good luck homie! :cool:

10. [quote name='"BlazeLE"']

how to properly trim a tree?[/quote]

Wha? No. Well yeah but no I'll know how to grow good shit. I was gonna move up to washington by the time I got my degree and look into getting a license for growing, unless oregon passes Measure 80 the second time around

11. Time to change your diet.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9SGWcZwk7c]Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead Official Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-OzTWY2J8E]Forks Over Knives - Official Trailer [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

:smoking:

12. every morning within 30 min of waking up drink a big glass of ice water with a good sized sliced of lemon, make sure that the lemon gets well mixed into the water. this really gives the metabolism a HUGE boost for the day, sort of like a supercharged kickstart.
    also, try to walk as much as possible and use stairs as much as you can, just constant movement will show results.
    also, make yourself lots of healthy snacks, stay away from the junk food or unhealthy food.
    try to go to the gym everyday if possible, and do not do many weights, at all preferably. work on cardio and losing weight. on the tread mill or exercise bike, switch between 5 min of slow-medium pace to medium-fast. many people i know used this methode to get healthier, build cardio, and lose weight in a healthy manner.

main thing bro, stay positive and do not give up. the results wont really show for a few months, but keep at it, and you WILL get better.

13. ive lost 25lbs in little over a month.