Been out of the game for a few years looking for some advice

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by antihero802, Oct 14, 2013.

1. I use to come to this forum on a daily basis trying to figure out which bong I wanted as my first. That was back in 2008 and I ended up going with an illadelph. Great bong superior durability, lasted me the past 5 years up until last night when some dip shit meat head friend of a roommate was visiting and decided to knock my bong off the table while I was in my room for 5 seconds. I'm still highly upset about my loss but the ever so generous meat head has decided to give me $400 as repayment (piece was originally $600 but that was back in 08 I figured some type of deprecation had occurred)

Anyways now I have $400 cash plus about $200 of my own money to purchase another piece for a grand total of $600 (firm). My question to the gc community is what should I get to replace my baby? I enjoy long straight tubes the most. My last piece did not have percs and I've never really cared for them. I'm looking for something that's very high quality, thick, preferably stemless. I've been looking online at sg glass and Sheldon black but what's up my alley? Like I said I've been out of the game so I'm not up to date on the new school glass blowers. Basically I'm looking for a big ass durable straight tube that's stemless and is going to last me another 5 years at least.

Any comments/suggestions are greatly appreciated

Below is a picture of my 5 yr old illadelph baby

Rest is peace baby girl ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1381774848.422529.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Really nice bong (RIP) but Damnn $600 for a bong think of all the weed you could get if you got a $300 bong. But damn your kinda screwed because you have already been smoking out of a 600$ bong so it would really suck to go back to lower quality smoking equipment

3. #3 antihero802, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2013
    [quote name="MeltedMind" post="18828017" timestamp="1381775819"]Really nice bong (RIP) but Damnn $600 for a bong think of all the weed you could get if you got a $300 bong. But damn your kinda screwed because you have already been smoking out of a 600$ bong so it would really suck to go back to lower quality smoking equipment[/quote]I grow my own pot so that's not an issue just looking for a quality piece to replace the daily driver role that I'll be satisfied with for years to come.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Look at a ROOR "Lil Sista".

Thick and just a very nice bong.

5. Roor lil sista has been around since I started smoking 7 years ago. I'm looking for something new and different and stemless. Can anybody give useful feedback on these sg tubes?
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1381776946.051664.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1381776959.450562.jpg

6. I really like the sg 50x5 but why won't I be able to find a stem 8 or 12? Did they stop blowing those? Is there another company that produces the same quality tube with a 8/12/whatever stem

7. Look into the mobius tubed as well. But sg is a great, quality brand but there are a lot of other great options. For 600 you could probably even get some work on your piece. Do you mind buying used? If not I'd look into nuggetry glass or some Facebook groups. I just got a luke wilson bubbler for a great price off nugetry and I'm always seeing a lot of quality pieces on there. Some good brands to look for are in your price range are Sg, Mobius, 2011/2012 BC, and toro. Those are some pretty good brands no matter what piece you get from them. Are you looking for a piece just for flowers or for concentrates too? Cause that could effect the type of piece you'd want as well.

Sorry for the paragraph/ rambling as well

8. Mostly just flowers. When I was making my purchase back in 08 I remember toro just coming on the scene. Do they still make those 7/13 arms or are they impossible to get ahold of now. I don't mind buying used as long as it's the right price

9. Stem 8's hardly get made and are pretty rare and expensive. stem 12's dont get made at all anymore and are super expensive and rare. get a apixdesign tube. Dude makes quality shit gridded as fuck at a quality price. check out his website apixdesign.com

10. I've actually seen quite a few 7/13s on nuggetry. I'd check nuggetry often cause there's a lot of pieces being put up all the time. There's also a lot of sg on there too. Just check regularly, there's great deals on there all the time. I've had my eyes on the mobius strato matrix for a while now too. You can find em on aqua lab for like 450. There's also a lot of other matrix perc pieces on there. The matrix has become a very popular perc amoung glass lovers and the majority of people seem to love it.

11. I'm liking the apix glass it looks like quality shit for a real quality price.  What have you guys heard about Manifest glass?  I'm checking out aqua labs and they have a lot of tubes that are appealing to me.

12. You want advic?

Stay outta the game kid.

13. Probably the best advice I've heard all day, but you cant keep a man separated from his bong.

14. Agreed ain't nobody gona tell me howta act

WEST. SIIIIGGGGGHHHHHHEDDDDD

15. Dude, that bong is fucking legit. It really sucks that someone broke it. What the fuck?

16. What?

Sent from my MB886 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Check out sleek designs, apixdesign, dirty rico, defi if you can find his stuff anywhere, termini glass, möbius, also check out pulse ssfg and Olympic glass. They all make rally nice pieces in your price range. I would look into the sleek stem 12 if you're interested in the stem 8. It doesn't look the exact same quality as sovs level but it still looks extremely nice and worth the 500 dollar price tag it carries. I would also check out efs and sgw, they both make nice versions of the waffle/donut perc although I heard it can take a while to get a piece from EFS since he's a custom blower. I would look into a piece that is stemless and 90 degrees that has one or two well gridded low drag Percs for high diffusion and minimal drag, but that's just my preference. Check out dablab aqualab highppriorityglass, apixdesign, ssfg, kulture store, and nvsglassworks. I'm sure you'll be able to find something between those couple of sites.

18. Pretty much decided on an apix gridded stemline I just have one question if anybody could help me out. How much a difference do you feel the gridded disc on top of the gridded stemline will make? Is it worth the extra $50 for the gridded disc?