Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Been Diagonsed With Depression, How Weed Affects That?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by John Lennon, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Ive just arrived home from the psychologist. He told me that I have depression by genetics (an uncle has it) and that I have to go to the psychatrist to get medicated. 

I will use antidepressants for some months. 

Any blade here has or had the same problem? Does weed affects in a bad way?

2. I have depression also and weed just makes me feel better

3. Only if you let it

Biological ailments can be lessened with cognitive therapy

Be sure to always keep an positive mindset, even whe ln you feel you can't. If you can be happy like this, then weed won't effect you negatively. I suggest, highly suggest, vaping and eating weed as opposed To smoking.

4. That sounds stupid as shit. 

The way you are talking you just sound like you blindly walked in and everything he said was right, now you're going to take pills that kill you for months because of it.

Think man, do your own research. 

I don't know your situation, but you sure skipped a lot of information. 

I was on anywhere from 20-30 different anti depressants, none of them work, and all of them had terrible side effects and made it worse.

Weed is the only thing that ever helped it, and made me accept it, it's not even an issue anymore because of cannabis. 

5. Doctors get paid money from big pharma(the biggest industry on the planet) to prescribe you prescription medication. 

Use you brain while you still have one, stay off the legal pharmaceuticals mate, they will kill you fast.

Strong, late harvested, hybrid strains work great for depression. Chernobyl is my favorite for anxiety/stress relief and I have been told it works excellent for depression as well. 

6. Im not a big pharma conspiracy advocate, but ill say this, don't mess with your brain unless your about to die. Pills and such just are to unknown in their risk vs reward. 

Did the doctor perform a genetic test and can say this gene on this chromosome is mutated in this way and thats why this pathway is messed up? I bet he didn't. I bet you told him your uncle has a genetic predisposition for depression ( again do you really know its genetic?)