Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Been Clean for 4 Years

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by MikeWayne0331, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Hey I have been in the military for 4 years, and am about to get out at the end of the year. I am planning on smoking for chronic pain that is service connected. I was a machine gunner in the Marine Corps. Last summer I was a turret gunner of a vehicle in Afghanistan and I hit an 80 lbs IED. I was pretty severely hurt and almost died, I actually just got released from the hospital a few months ago.
    Anyways I am planning on getting a medical card primarily to help with the chronic back pain I have due to a spinal fusion on six of my vertebrae. Also on knee pain due to a torn MCL and ACL. The last time I smoked was in Aug 2009, and I just want to know how anyone suggests I go about medicating. Like how to make sure I don't get too high and stuff like that. I start school in the fall and I want to do well. I want to medicate for my pain and then when I finished all the important things I have to do, I want to smoke recreationally. I have a volcano, a pipe, and a manifest stemless bong w/ ash catcher, plus a cosmic grinder and two sharpstone grinders. Also I have like a gram of kief in my old grinder from back in the day and was wondering if you think it is still good to smoke?

2. Also I live in Cali, there are like three dispensaries within a mile from my house.

3. #3 SortaStoner, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2013
    I thank you for protecting our country sir! I am sorry to hear that it wasn't a pretty experience. Also to answer a few questions

1)use a pipe, it may be harsh but you will be able to control how high you get a little bit better than a joint and a volcano/bong would get you too high

2)the keif may be good if not to much air has got in it. I would smell it to be safe and if the Leif came from green weed and looks brown I would just dumb it or throw it in a edible possibly.

I hope that you are recovered to the fullest you possibly can be and thank you again. You are a type of person I respect heavily since most of y family has served. I hope school goes well for you also. Stay healthy brother!

Edit: I would also ask for indica strains. It'll help and give you a body high so it will help kill pain better than a stativa

4. Welcome back to "the Real World". Thanks for your service, sorry to hear you got hit, but glad to hear you're a survivor.

The dispensories should be able to help you pick out some pain specific strains.
    Just try a toke, wait a few minutes and determine if you want/need another, or two.
    I would also look at a topical tincture to rub on your knees and/or back.

Also a big Welcome to GrassCity. Please take a few moments to read the forum guidelines. It will ease you into a better visit. :smoke:

5. Fuck man after 4 years I'd be scrapping up the biggest blunt I could

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Fuck man after 4 years I'd be scrapping up the biggest blunt I could

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Hell after all that, I would smoke a pound to my head in a day.... Well I would try really hard

8. #8 trichomesweethome, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2013
    Thank you so much for protecting and serving our country. :hello:
    like sortastoner said, smell the keif. if there is a hint of mold/mildew smell toss it; anything growing on it, toss it, turned a different color other than what keif looks like, toss it. try burning some on something safe before smoking it too and get a smell of the smoke, if it's funky or isn't to your liking, toss it

if you don't want to get tooooo high your first time and possibly freak yourself out, like sortastone said again, use a dry bowl/spoon or chillum/one hitter. start by taking small hits and letting them work before going gung-ho.

again thank you for your sacrafice, you're a hero in my book. :smoke:

9. edibles are mostly a body buzz thats long lasting...id experiment with those too

10. I would not trust that kief after 4 years. Thank you for protecting my right to sit here and get high and post on grasscity!!

11. Thanks for all you do brother.

Get a pipe with a modest sized bowl and started smoking one small bowl for yourself to medicate.

12. Also don't smoke that kief dude. It's not worth that risk lol.

13. Sorry to hear about your injuries.

14. Congrats on getting out man, I was a Corpsman for 0311's a few years ago so I approve of medicating with cannabis as oppose to motrin and water for your knee and back,lol. Like everyone else said just get a small one hitter and pack small bowls until you get used to cannabis again, the last thing you need is to have a spaz attack thinking about gunnys,formation,inspections and every other nonsense stressful thing that goes along with the grunt life.

15. Your going to be a kid in a candy store when you go to a dispensary :gone:

16. Thanks for all your support and advice. I think I'll toss that kief, my health isn't worth like 30 dollars. I think I'll smoke out of my pipe, and just take it one hit at a time. I also will discuss it in detail with my local dispensary/doctor I get a card from. You know damn well the va wont give me one. And doc glad to hear you believe in something besides motrin and water, thanks for your service as well.