been away for awhile, have a question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by rikkitony, Feb 11, 2023.

1. I'm thinking about starting up again, my question is, I have an old fem seed from geordie seeds, it was in drawer in a small ziplock bag for almost 7.5 years, the dresser it was in was in a cool dark space, could I use the seed or should just order new seeds? I just figured I could get started today instead of waiting for seeds to come in.

2. Hey Rikki, welcome to GC.
    upload_2023-2-11_11-29-17.png
    From this study.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Only one way to find out. Good luck old girl...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I just didn't want to waste my time, that's all.
    I have absolute zero clue what that means, lol, I'll just try it and see what happens, just didn't want to waste my time.

• Like Like x 1
  5. you should do both :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. It means that if you soak the seed in 1% hydrogen peroxide, you will increase the germination rate.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Old seeds the shells are very hard on. Rub on an abrasive surface lightly to scuff off the shiny. 1000 grit paper.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Do it next week also will increase germ for both old and new seeds with the new moon
    ya head spinning yet?

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. that new moon is going to work out for me i hope

• Like Like x 2
  10. I ordered seeds today, Northern Lights, my very first grow was NL, it was the most productive plant I ever had, I got a little over 5 Oz's and it was very good quality, I'm still chasing that grow, hopefully I can match it someday.

• Like Like x 1
  11. you can easily match that 5 oz just do some LST and dont flip until she is at least 8 weeks old

12. Germinate it. If the root taps, you should be good to go.