Been away for 2 months and plants weren’t well cared for

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Auditdafed, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Hi all,

I have been away from my plants for just over 2 months, and had someone else looking after them for me in that time, but they had no experience with growing and did a lot of things wrong. My plants are now quite sickly looking. They’ve been grown in organic super soil and have been in veg for around 5 months, so I want to switch them to flower ASAP.

My question is should I keep them vegged out for a few weeks longer and try and nurse them back to better shape, or just flip them now? I’m not hugely concerned about yield but want to breed some of them, for which I assume health is important.

Below are just a few pics of what I’m working with, I have maybe 9 plants total across two tents, so if anything can flip the healthier ones and keep all others in the veg tent.

Thanks for any feedback.

7D363FFA-64C3-425A-B01F-FB8281029BB1.jpg IMG_5203.JPG 76d3a96e-db09-4cf4-94e7-f27a13497aa0.jpg

2. Never do you want to take a sick plant into flower.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Thank you. Do you suggest I give them some synthetic nutrients with some N to help them grow again or should I leave it be and keep adding just water?

4. I'd start over and not leave until harvested, dried, and 3 weeks into curing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 420JoeBlow, Sep 20, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    Why are they so sick? 5 months is a crazy long veg, given adequate nutes and light they would be MASSIVE by now so they are either lacking one or both of those things.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I would let them veg and recover some good growth.
    Once you get in flower, a countdown starts that can't really be extended, they will be ready after a certain number of days. While still in veg, things can be done, issues can be recovered from with no loss except a bit of time. Once you get in flower, recovering from issues will cost yield or quality or both.
    In veg, their future is not determined by their past so much. They can have a terrible childhood, barely surviving, but if then given the conditions they want, turn right around and grow like they always wanted to. Plants in veg are very much 'what have you done for me lately'.

7. #7 GroBuddy, Sep 20, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    Yea you can get them healthy. That little one that's been stripped all but the top, would take months to be ready. As of now youd get about 3 grams from it. The first one will take about a month and a half, the last one is the only one of the 3 that'll be ready to flower within a month. All this is barring any more hiccups. Or just start fresh and take larger healthy plants into flower using the same amount of time but less work and less headache. These are 2 months old in the pic, as a reference. You'll be basically vegging them from the beginning anyways, minus that last one. However that last one will look alot worse before it gets better.

Attached Files:

8. Wow your plants have some crazy stretch going on. I would highly recommend a better light.

And in capable hands, those plants could be brought back to excellent shape in 2-4 weeks max.

9. IMO don't waste your time.....start over.

• Like Like x 2
  10. I would probably let them flower out and get more plants started in the mean time.

• Like Like x 1
  11. The problem with that is if those plants don't herm from the stress must be a super hardy strain.

I see future hermies!

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  12. Hi everyone, thanks for the replies. I’ve been taking care of them and they’re looking better. I think I’m going to just send them into flower in one tent within the next week, and then start some new plants from seed in another. I suspect some plants may not make it or may herm from stress, but hopefully I can salvage the rest. Here’s a pic of the last one in the OP IMG_5256.JPG

13. I usually veg for around 2-3 months basically while my plants in my flower tent flower, then put the new ones in when I harvest. Because I had to travel I didn’t want to put them into flower while someone else was looking after them, so just kept them vegged out. They have barely grown since I left because they weren’t cared for well.

14. That one not too bad but those other ones.....yikes!

• Like Like x 1
  15. But exactly what was done wrong?

16. Looks like everything, for how old they are. Definitely Flush it and do the slurry test when ph and ppm are stable in coco about 5.5-6.0 and 500-600ppm. In other mediums you’ll have to see where it needs to be.
    You can always nurse them back if in veg, good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum