Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Beeline hemp wick?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TrendSetta, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Recently I have just been making purchased to enhance the enjoyment of my smoking. I have heard using hemp is better but every other brand is bad and 'beeline' is the best one? If somebody can help me get some of this and tell me the pro's and con's I will be very grateful, by the way i live in the uk :smoke:

2. Yes hemp wick is awesome it makes ur herb taste good

3. I tend to agree, Beeline has been the best brand of wick I've ever used personally, besides maybe home-made wick (and that's just me being preferential :p ).

Most other brands I've tried have either been harsh, or put off 'smoke' and odor, even while the flame was present (mainly the colored brands).

Beeline is also so confident with their product, that they will not only send a free-sample just if you write them and ask... but they also accept returns, for the lesser knock-off brands, and will replace them for you!

"
    a message from Beeline -

Aloha friends,

First off, huge mahalos to everyone for supporting hemp and natural bee products.

We've been getting alot of emails lately about knock-off brands of hemp wicks
    People are telling us these wicks have a harsh taste and burn poorly.

We want to offer a free trade-in for anyone who unkowingly bought one of these wicks.
    That way you can taste the difference between Beeline and the bogus brands.

Our hemp is 100% organic (no pesticides, no funky fertilizer)

Our hemp is naturally processed (many hemps are treated with acid salts in order to make them more pliable) which is bad for the earth and for you.

Our beeswax is 100% natural, untreated. It comes from pristine sources (clean air, no nearby cities). Beeswax will absorb any pollutants within the vicinity so make sure your wax comes from a clean area.

We promise to keep making the absolute best quality wicks.
    That's what the Beeline name means to us.

So if you purchased a spool of bogus hemp wick dont be bummed,

We'll trade you for pure organic, high quality beeline

Just mail your bogus wick to -
    Beeline Hawaii
    PO Box 525
    Haiku, Hi 96708

Thank you again for supporting bees and hemp.
    Much love to everyone!!!" - a message from Beeline - - info

[​IMG]

A good net-friend sent me my last ball... I always grab the 'thick wick' when I can; it's only a dollar more than their original, and it can be split down the middle.

Then you suddenly have a 400 foot ball, or twice the amount, for the price of one! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. I thought about buying some hemp wick for myself after I used it with some friends. I went online to check it out and found that I could easily buy 200ft of Beeline for about $20. I did some searching on Grasscity and found some info on how to make your own, which was much more cost effective.

Straight from Amazon:
    $15 -1lb Organic Beeswax
    $12 -Two 400ft Natural Hemp

With my investment of $27, I now have 800ft of hemp wick which would have been $80 had I bought it made.I've shared with friends and I haven't burned a bowl with my lighter since!The taste is much stronger and smoother in my opinion. Definitely the way to go.

5. I love the humboldt wick. I think its personal preference. hemp wick is cheap enough that you can try different brands out and see which one you like. I've heard beeline has asweet flavor to it. I didnt experience that myself when I tried it but some people have said that. I dont want any sweetness added to my smoke, just the taste of the buds. everyone is different and has their own preference. some companies will send you free samples like the organwick guy and there is anew one I saw called survival wick offering free samples.

6. Ive only tried this one...it was ok for me but I need to get some beeline ...
    but they always only sell the big ass roll...
    [​IMG]

7. the thing that bothers me about ital, besides finding it to be a harsh smoking experience, is that its made in china. I just dont trust what china puts into their products

8. I definitely agree!

It's also why people shouldn't make their own, unless!! they know the source for their hemp is preferably somewhat local, clean, and organic!

You should NEVER smoke, or light your herb, using cheap craft or jewelry hemp... it's not a food product or made for human consumption, meaning that by law, they are NOT required to list, share, or tell you what processes or chemicals they used while stripping and preparing the plant matter.... even if you ask.

And again, where it is not a food item, you also can't know how well it was stored, and you have no idea what it was unintentionally exposed to after processing, or what it was intentionally exposed to in order to prevent rot, mold, insects...
    Consider how much tainted food we're exposed to, both locally, and especially from over-seas... they simply do not care, what goes into craft hemp!

When we make our own wick, we simply buy comb-honey (honey, with the chunk of comb included!) from the most remote regions of the most rural states, where pesticides, and pollutants won't be picked up (we often buy honey comb from Australia!), we eat the honey, 'clarify' and purge the wax, and then we combine it with the crushed, shredded, RO-water-washed stems and stalks, from our organic crops. :)
    Honeycomb wax is good for the skin and hands, so it's both fun, and a healthy, rewarding process, rolling and twisting the strands and little fibers. :smoke:

9. I'll hook you up with organwick, just tell me where to send it and I'll get a free sample out to you

10. I want to buy some hemp-wick but my local headshop doesn't have it :(

11. I get mine from humboldt-traders.com but you can also go to the beeline website, ebay, amazon. quikwicks.com will also mail you a free sample.