Beef Stew

Discussion in 'General' started by Fuel, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Mmm, I had a craving today, and what do you ya know! I found some in my cupboard! :hello:

Yum yum.

2. man that shit you ate aint stew,,,,,

stew takes all day to prepare in a crock-pot,,,,,,and the ingredients got to be fresh,,, celery,carrots,potatoes,,stewseasoning,,onions,and some good meat.......

shit thats stew,,,,,,cambells aint got shit on me,,,,:cool:

3. #4 Pinkfloydtoker, Nov 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2008

i dont think cambell even makes beef stew...its all about the dinty moore baby

but i do agree...homeade beef stew is where its at.

4. Lol yeah, I know. :( It's a shame. I miss my mom's homemade stew.

5. Its not like its hard to make...sheesh

6. Word homie, I read this, And that he said he went to his cupboard, Im like dawg c'mon.

That aient stew.

Get you a nice marbled heavy chuckeye roast and slow cook that boy wiht the works. Carrots, Potatoes and the works main. Thats a stew.

7. wouldnt that just be a roast with potatoes and carrots? correct me if im wrong

8. You missed 'the works'.

9. idk man i think beef stew is generally chopped up meat rather then slow cooking a roast...but ive been wrong before

10. My oven is too small to have anything worth cooking in it. I'll be a better cook when I have a nicer kitchen (next year) lol.
    When you have a shitty ghetto apartment kitchen, it is. :(

11. Let me share a trick I found in college if you want to make a good meal for about $5. By a can of Dinty Moore. Buy the cheapest instant rice you can find. Boil the rice, microwave the Dinty Moore. Get a plate or bowel.. put down the rice as a base and poor on the Dinty Moore on top. Tastes delicious.

12. That would be 'beef for stew' which is commonly from the 'round' part of a cow (eye of round/ top round/ bottom round). But round is a tougher part of the cow.

Chuck is from the shoulder, Chuck is usually more fatty but you can find nice cuts, And its more tender, If you slow cook a chuck roast it will fall apart into small peices that will be much more flavorful then any round cut you can get.

13. You dont need an oven , just a hotplate , chop up some stewing beef , its pretty cheap , chop an onion and throw both in a pot , low heat til meat is brown , then add water to level of meat and onions and simmer..add any vegtables you want and a stock cube if it needs it..takes minutes to get it simmering , leave it til veggies are soft and meats tender..slurp

14. Too much cooking for a meat I don't even like that much! :p I like burgers, though. Yummmmmm. My fiance makes 'em with soy sauce and garlic salt. :D I'm more a fan of chicken. Chicken rice soup is amaaaazing. *drool*

15. i dont really know that much about meat so i dunno haha

16. Im a 'journeyman' which is a term my work uses when you havent worked there long enough to give you butcher pay ($20ish a hr.)

17. The man knows his meats.:cool: Jus readin that is makin me hungry. I ate some carne con papas

yesterday with is meat, potatoes, and some carrots drenched in some pato sauce,which is a brand of

hot sauce, very spicy an good.

18. You should take issue with your employers , a journeyman is one who has completed his apprenticeship and holds the title to show he is proficient in the skills..a master of the trade.

Eric Clapton was called the journeyman as an example..a master of his trade.