Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Beef Jerky Cannabis

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Weedity, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Alright, why does my cannabis smell like beef jerky? I got it off my dealer who has been slacking majorly lately. The weed around here lately has been shitty, stems everywhere, and even seeds. When I got this pick up, the weed looked darker but better then the usual. It was all fine until I was grinding it up and smelled beef jerky. I was appalled and thought it was my grinder. I dumped the weed out, smelled it, and it's beef jerky smelling alright. 

-Dense nugs, sorta popcorn like nugs but a bit bigger
    -Dark green, some tiny stems no seeds.
    -Weighed out fine, 3.5g
    -Smoked fine, gets me high fine

So why does it smell like shitty ass beef jerky? Any ideas? 

2. Odd terpene profile I guess?  :confused_2:

3. Maybe, it's just so weird. Like it smells NOTHING like weed. Just straight up nasty ass beef jerky haha

4. Any pics?

But ya, that sounds kind of sketchy...

Def wouldn't smoke it out of a dry piece... Even with water filtration, smoke just a tiny bit in a bong or bubbler first.

Then check the water.
    If it's the color is unusual or too dark, it might be a good idea to ask for a refund or just move on to a different dude since he's been slacking lately.

Not saying it's harmful or intentional on ur dudes part, but a stoner s lung is too precious to be smoking questionable plants.

Sent from my HTC One X using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I'll put up some pictures when I get home from work. I smoked a bubbler of it first with my friend. She packed half of her normal bud, I packed my stuff. We smoked it, got high. No problems. Later I ripped bong with that shit with my girlfriend. Got high, no problems. That night a buddy crashed over, ripped 4 bong packs of it. No problems. 

Only problem is, it smells like ass. I guess it doesn't really matter, fuck that dealer. I'm done with his shit. Last week he told me it was 60 for an eighth only because it was "the dankest dank in town" so I was like okay. I get the shit, trust the kid too much and just glance at it and smell it. It smelled dank as hell and looked okay. Later I inspected it and it had stems and wasn't dank. It was just okay. So fuck him. 

6. Yea, I hate incompetent dealers.
    Out of the 4 I know/have, only 1 is consistent when it comes to pricing and answering my calls.

Nothing drives me more nuts than people not replying cause they're out.
    At least tell me so I can move on!

But ya enough of the rant, I'm glad it was still legit herbs.
    But to be told that it's the dankest dank, and then be surprised with that (not in a good way)... Not cool.

7. I live in South Jersey, and most of the good dealers have gone to California, or just don't deal anymore. There just isn't much dank going around here anymore. Either that, or I don't have good connections at all anymore. It's depressing.

I hate being disappointed in dealers and bud. 

8. Yea, heard that.

Here in Wisconsin, other than college towns, it's easier to find unmentionables featured in Breaking Bad and The Wire than to find dank.

Fortunately I live in a college town.

9. Pretty much exactly how it is here. Except I don't live in a college town sadly. I just want to start growing. It seems to be the ONLY answer. I need to save up money and move out so I can get started already. 

11. I've gotten a free gram from my dispensary a long time ago and I swore it smelled the same like BBQ beef jerky lol was purple mid shelf stuff I gave it away lol

12. A few of my favorite strains over the years have had pungent, meaty, spicy, bizarrely musky-garlic types of odors. :)

I guess it could be off-putting if you weren't expecting it.... or if it was the wrong kind of meaty smell. :unsure:

One time early on, after I'd only been growing more privately and for just a few years, I gave a good friend a half oz or so of some dank White Widow - Widow/Hog that I'd been working on and had just finished growing and curing, so he could bring it home and sample it with his wife and friends, and I could get some feedback. I was in the middle of a breeding project and when you're growing and smoking in the same house, especially with minimal odor control, you can sometimes get really desensitized to the smell and taste... just smoking on the porch and the blend of fresh air with the smoke, made strains that had become boring seem awesome again, back in those days, lol.
     Anyway, I went over to his house later than night to have a few drinks, watch some movies, maybe play a few video games... and I was just hit with this rank smell. I didn't know what to think, but most uncomfortable of all I almost recognized it.... It smelled like the strangest, most unappealing meaty foreign food, plus a spicy coffee-catbox, and a baby-diaper, had all been shoved in a hot ventilation shaft to blend and ferment a few weeks earlier.

Next thing I know he's grabbing the same bag I gave him earlier that day from the living room table, laughing, and saying;

"This is the CRAZIEST, funkiest, wildest smelling stuff I've ever had, it just stank up my car and then my whole house when I brought it in.... my wife thought I ate some bad Chinese and destroyed the bathroom, she started giving me hell about it, then she smelled the bag and fell in love."

I sniffed the bag again, and sure enough, it was coming from the bud I gave him earlier that day. :p

It was weird... it was just the craziest smell where you question, "Am I supposed to like this? Is it food, did he just make dinner? Or did their baby just crap herself, and on top of that, did they forgot to take out the trash after trying a new Thai restaurant three weeks earlier?"

Then, you figure out what it is, and it's suddenly *the best smell ever*. A really unique plant. :p

( I thought this thread was going to be about Canna Jerky at first, not jerky-smelling canna :p )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:p

Me and my buddies would text 3 or 4 people we knew and the first one to respond got our business. We always bought at least a quarter and up to a half-o between us. If anyone else replied late, we just told them we already got hooked up. Don't take no slack from dealers. It's a business, if they want your money, they gotta at least put a little effort in on their part.

14. I thought it would be about canna jerky too lol. I was like beef jerky well thats good, cannabis thats really good maybe this guys on to something... Oh. My friend had some homegrown that smelled like fish, we named it hiroshima hash. Never had weed that smelled like jerky. Does it taste like jerky? If it does i wouldnt complain beef jerky is good hella.

15. My friend brought some herb that smelled like fish. Friggin weird.

16. His grower could dry his bud in the same room he dries his beef jerky?

17. Only got a gram of this shit left. Guess I shouldn't call it shit because well, it gets me high. It's all good besides that poignant beef jerky smell. 

I call it the beef jerky buds. Dankest dank of all the dank that has ever danked . 

18. Woah, odd to find anyone who has had the same thing happen to them. The very first time I saw weed I thought it was beef jerky. Now if I had known what weed looked like I would have known better. But that shit smelled exactly like beef jerky. I was wondering why the guy had it in a sandwich baggy!

I never smoked that stuff but I kind of wish I did. Though I know the guy that had it smoked it and I never heard anything bad about it. I say go ahead and light it up as it is!

Lights. Cameras. Inhale.

19.  Disappointing thread is disappointing

Beef Jerky Cannabis sounds delicious. How would I go about infusing THC into my venison after a hunt?

20. You know it could have been something as simple as how it was smuggled into your area  :)  Otherwise, I'd say you got some with some unusual terpenes.