bee line thick wick?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by L Dub, Feb 9, 2010.

1. i love bee line but i was curious what's different about the thick wick kind. does it burn slower or what?

anybody?

thanks! :bongin:

2. #2 zxzDarkCloudzxz, Feb 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2010
    im not sure how to compare regular wick size to thicker.
    but im guessing it would.
    im still on my only bee line purchase from a few months ago. when i get another one, ill give an actual answer to this question. ive seen it pop up a few times tho

3. i've only seen it online. i want to check it out but i was hoping for a review first. i'm hoping it burns slower because that would be sweeeet.

4. I have a 200ft roll of thin beeline and some I-tal and i like the I-tal is more, its's alot thicker then the beeline and burns slower too, so I'm assuming the thick beeline is similar

5. ^so you prefer the i-tal? i've seen it but never tried it. thanks for the info.

6. I've had mixed experience with my i-tal to be honest. I've never used "beeline" though so I have nothing to compare it to. I enjoy that I'm not using butane and I didn't like the flavor the i-tal added at first but you just need to learn not to let the line sit in the bowl long or you'll get to much smoke from the line and that'll change the flavor (in a bad way imo). It also smells like blown out birthday candles to which i don't mind or love either way ha.

The only thing I really have against it is the race you play with the fire before it goes out of control meanwhile if you hold to much of it then it becomes a pain to safely put out.

I def enjoy using it though but if it were to burn slower and with more controlled flame then I would be 100% in love with the stuff.

I just need to find a place I can buy a hakko near me without having to order one online and I'll be all set ha. (just don't feel like ordering something online, so what if it;s weird -_- ha)

7. I definitely prefer I-Tal.

8. I bought the thick beeline by accident once. I guess it burns alittle slower plus the flame is just a bit bigger. I prefer the regular/thin stuff

9. Thanks for the input, guys. If the thick wick = bigger flame then I don't think I need it.

I wanna try the i-tal but everywhere I've seen it online it's more expensive than bee line. Is it worth it?

10. I'm pretty sure the thick wick was intended to hold the flame better in the wind than the regular thickness.

11. i first tried I-tal and then when that ran out i picked up a spool of thick wick bee line. honestly maybe i'm just a stoner but i see no difference. like maybe it looks a bit different or something, but usage wise it seems exactly the same.

12. In my opinion, I-Tal taste better, and hold a flame better than Beeline.

13. thin bee line - flame is smaller, good for corning bowls, burns a tad bit faster.

think bee line - flame is bigger, good for snapping bowls, burns slower, you can really taste the beeline more than the thinner one.

ive had both and bought both for this purpose, to see if it was any different. I enjoy the thin bees line better.

14. ^thanks for trying it out so i don't have to :)

i think im going to stick with regular bee line.