Bee Line Hemp Wick

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by drewzilla, Apr 20, 2009.

1. The best part about beeline is the fact it's in just about every smoke shop. I bet if you marketed to smoke shops you have a better time bringing in customers than a website about a new product.

2. never tried it yet , but it just a gimmick if ya ask me...go to jamaica or amsterdamage plan and i bet they use a lighter ..idk...ive been smoking a long time and with various peoples, no one ever came across use's this stuff. snake oil!!!!

3. cant knock til ya try it!

4. i make my own i bought a pound of organic bees wax for like 7$ and 300 feet roll for 5$
    its a bit of a paint to make yourself but its better for me then going out and buying it (23$ roll) the atste is well amazing ive urned all my friends onto this and they too love it.

5. Where can I get those things? And what are you dipping into the melted beeswax exactly? I wanna make some now:cool:

6. ordered some the other day off ebay, cant wait to try it :smoke:

7. #87 ottonavasota, Dec 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2010

the flame can be high/low by adjusting the angle you hold the wick. for getting maximum greens off a keefy bowl (or any bowl for that matter), you can use the tiny flame. if you're trying to light a blunt/joint or want to torch a snapper bowl, use the big flame. the harshness is not nearly as bad as a butane lighter. the combustion of butane gas produces nitrogen dioxide, which has various negative health effects.

we use these down here in Austin:smoke:, in fact they're sending out free samples now i think. get some and try it out, what have you got to lose?

[​IMG]

8. haha yea some people just never even heard of that stuff before..like my firneds whenever they use..they light it up and just leave it still ablaze and since ibought like 5 paks of the 9fters.. one pack went up in flames because of the non-chalant shaking in attempt to extinguish the fire...failed haha

but bee line is sooooo sick..use it everyday :) i tie it to my bong..found it easier that way..like half way so u can light then put wick down to blaze

9. i've known people for a while that have been using methods other than lighters - i've seen some people use a wick in the past. it's nothing new, i think people are just starting to realize the benefits.

i like it because even though you may have those friends who can't put it out or are kinda stupid with it, at least they don't burn the entire bowl trying to light it. :rolleyes:

10. QFT...

The 'first time users' look as awkward as a someone typing on a Chinese keyboard. After a week worth of smoke sessions, it comes naturally and they'll invent their own clever ways of using it.

If I plan on taking my time smoking a bowl, I'll light a candle to reignite the hempwick at my leisure. If I'm smoking with a group, I do the same thing but put the candle in the middle. I enjoy putting out the hempwick flame with my fingers like a candle for some reason...

11. i know what you mean man. not a lot of people around here do it, so what i suppose i meant is that as people would come over and do it, they may fumble around with it a bit. but after a few sessions they're fine.

and i dig the candle thing as well. makes it much easier.

12. I blow my smoke out my window and this stuff stinks my room up. I don't mind a little smoke going off in my room, but this stuff can go out at bad times and it just reeks up my room. I'll have to bring it to seshes otherwise I'll never use the two packs I got for free.

Overall though it's a decent way of lighting a bowl but sometimes just proves to be too overcomplicated compared to a lighter, herb iron.

13. this is the hemp wick I have been using. you can write them and get a free hemp wick sample shipped to you for free.

free hemp wick sample :hello:

14. i used hempwick for the 1st time yesterday and it is alot better. The taste is definatly there and i wrap it around my bic lighter and it makes my lighter last real long becuase i only flick it once. I cant wait to smoke some purp with it. i think everyone should give it a try

15. You won't have to fumble with it at all when this comes out.

:smoke:http://forum.grasscity.com/toking-tools/861222-hemp-wick-dispenser.html:smoke:

16. Im never going back to lighters. fuck butane!

17. hemp wick for LIFE - FTW

18. here is a sweet hemp wick holder I'm getting for my family for christmas

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Humboldt-Organic-Hemp-Glass-Holder/dp/B004XU6HQE/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1323724619&sr=8-5"]http://www.amazon.com/Humboldt-Organic-Hemp-Glass-Holder/dp/B004XU6HQE/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1323724619&sr=8-5[/ame]

19. [​IMG]

Beeline's Thick Wick Review

At first glance: it's THICK, lots of wax, and dark in color.

Taste: There's a little taste but it doesn't outweigh the full taste that you get out of your bud. You can truly taste the difference between smoking with hemp or smoking with butane.

Burn: I did a burn test between beelines thick and thin wicks against Humboldts thin and thick wicks and this one out beat all of them. It stays lit, easy to extinguish, leaves a strand of ash which can be dusted off easily. There is a smell after you extinguish it but who cares.

Overall: Great quality hemp wick. Awesome to use on big smoking pieces.

[​IMG]
    Beeline's Original Size Wick Review

At first glance: it's thicker than Humboldts thick wick, lots of wax, and also dark in color, if not darker.

Taste: There's a little taste but it doesn't outweigh the full taste that you get out of your bud. You can truly taste the difference between smoking with hemp or smoking with butane. [Same as thick wick]

Burn: I did a burn test between beelines thick and thin wicks against Humboldts thin and thick wicks and this one came in 3rd. It stays lit longer than Humboldts thin wick, easy to extinguish, leaves a strand of ash which can be dusted off easily. There is a smell after you extinguish it but who cares.

Overall: Another quality hemp wick from Beeline. Very consistent with their products. Like I've said before, if you're a smoking veteran and you do it everyday… kick the butane to the curb and do use hemp wick. It's an organic alternative and it makes a difference.

Check them out ---> Beeline Hemp Wicks

20. [​IMG]

:wave: I recently got the pleasure to review Humboldt Hemp Wicks and one of the Quik Wicks dispensers and I can't say anything bad about the quality of their products. Their customer service was beyond what I had expected and was really impressed with how responsive they were.

[​IMG]

Humboldt Hemp Wick Review
    At first glance, you don't even need to be an expert on wicks to tell that this is a very high quality product. The wick itself is flawless. There are no loose strands on this wick whatsoever. As you can tell, the wick possesses this straw like color unlike Beeline or Ital which made it stand out. I was also impressed by how Humboldt wicks can hold their posture. It's thin but not flimsy. Upon lighting, I was very impressed. The wicks were thin enough to take the flame quickly and can be easily extinguished with a swift flick. Relighting it is a breeze too. I've also found that It has a more controlled burn, despite of how easily it can be lit. I personally like the fine flame for everyday pipe uses because its such a small flame that you can zero into what you want to burn. Fine flame comes in very handy when you're toking with others because of this control. Taste wise, it gives off little to no taste. Unlike lighting with butane, sparking with Humboldt hemp wick really does improve the taste of your bud. I've also noticed that my hits have been cooler in temperature compared to sparking with a lighter. Humboldt is 100% organic and is better than sparking with butane by a space load. With that said, I HIGHly ;) recommend this to anyone who smokes on the regular. You get the full taste of your bud and it's healthier for you :smoke:

[​IMG]

Quik Wicks glass/metal top wick Dispenser Review
    Want your hemp wick on the go? Definitely check out the hemp wick dispensers they have at Quik Wicks. Thanks to Mike from Quik Wicks, I now have a hand blown glass hemp wick dispenser with the metal top. It holds about 15-20ft of wick and is perfect on the go. The first impression it had on me was that it was cute. It's very small and can easily fit in your pocket and the best thing about it is that it keeps your wick lint free! The dispenser is also textured with green bumps for eye appeal but also serves as a grip. The one thing I do have a problem with is that the whole isn't big enough for the full flame. Fixable, but it did scrape the wax of the wick. Other than that, I love this dispenser and if you're a seasoned toker, this is a MUST HAVE.

You can get even get a free sample of Humboldt Wicks at their website<--

Humboldt and Quik Wicks have one of the best customer services ever.
    SO DONT HESITATE :D

For more pictures and videos, please visit my websites. :smoke: