Bee Line Hemp Wick

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by drewzilla, Apr 20, 2009.

1. #61 zxzDarkCloudzxz, Jan 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2010
    i love my bee-line!
    i got the larger roll
    thing lasts quite some time.
    20$ def worth it.
    im not the only one that has used it who can honestly say theres a taste difference.
    bee-line FOR THE WIN!

2. your probably 100 percent right i just have one comment. a orange flame from a lighter is no where near complete combustion. so wouldnt butane gas be escaping into the smoke? just a thought. also if it was just carbon dioxide why does it have a distinctive butane taste?...

3. One word for this its a hassle to use the string burns fast id rather just use a lighter and save time

4. Bee line is more of a taste thing for me but its not really that much notice able with water pipes

5. Gonna clear up some chemistry issues:
    The COMPLETE (key word) combustion of butane results purely in H20 and CO2, the thing is though that not all of the butane combusts perfectly, some of the butane incompletely combusts leaving other molecules.
    Also, the butane used in lighters is not 100% pure.
    Let me do some googlin to back this up lol
    Here we go:
    Formula for the incomplete combustion of butane:
    C4H10 + 5O2 = 5H2O + 2CO2 + CO + C
    (Butane + Oxygen = Water + Carbon Dioxide + Carbon Monoxide + Carbon)

Yay science!

6. Yeah, something to keep in mind when you want to buy one of those cheap ass crack torches. I can almost taste all the nasty impurities when I use them.

7. Gimme a bic please

8. So what is the benefit of using this stuff over matches for the taste factor?

9. the lack of phosphorus and sulfur?

10. you're not even kidding lol
    i use beeline regular wick i think it is and a glow rod daily
    both allow it to taste really good.

11. they sell beeline at smoke shops? im too lazy to go across town and check..

12. Ya it's like 3 bucks for the little matchbook size one.

13. Thank you. Nothing ever combusts completely, outside of a lab anyway. It's also not pure butane.

Ever notice when you burn something with a bic, or say ... heat a piece of metal up, you get that black shit all over it? That's carbon. Not water, not CO2.

Again, YAY SCIENCE :hello::hello:

:wave::smoking:

14. #74 starcecil, Apr 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2010
    If butane was bad for you there wouldn't be exposure limits for one. Your analogy are correct but if given the opportunity to be healthier why not?

I think of it more as doing it for the taste with the health aspect being a benefit not a selling point. Id be curious to see how burning hemp and bee's wax is considered healthier though.
    ----------------------

Where I live its 2 bucks and its usually hard to get a hold of, people buy this stuff up like crazy

15. I can't tell if it elminates the butane making it taste better, or if the bees wax melting is making it taste better. Oh well, I still use it when I'm motivated enough to go to the headshop.

16. i picked up the 200' spool at a local shop for $23. I love this stuff. Unravel a couple feet from the spool and wrap it around a bic and your good to go. I also smoke a lot of cigars so i know the importance of using something other than nasty bic butane when smoking, the taste is noticeable when you go back and forth from lighter to beeline.

The only prob is that when passing it along some people are just retarded and cannot figure out to light the beeline and then put it out after the hit. I have had a flare up where a friend wasnt paying attention and flame hit the wrapped up beeline and caught fire. luckily we were in a garage so there was no carpet burning

17. I love this stuff!

I get better and smoother hits from it and more of a taste from my weed. The taste is the biggest thing. I love to be able to taste my weed when smoking some dank.

18. Hey just wanted to know if the hit was less harsh/cooler? compared to a bic?

19. I think it is. And it has more of a weed taste... always - not just the green hit

20. I love the wick, just because its fun to use.... But, if you're like me and dont have a candle burning you have to use your bic lighter to light the wick then you have to put out the wick right after you rip and its kinda annoying sometimes... especially because i cant taste shit through my perk bong... so its just kinda a novelty factor for me, and its fun at parties cause you can just cut a little bit of string off and pass it with the bong... :smoke: