Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Becoming difficult for me to inhale weed/not getting as high

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by KingdomOfApple, Aug 22, 2016.

1. So about half a year ago I started smoking weed regularly, and during the earlier months I wasn't having any problems with inhaling or the taste weed. Over the last month or two, however, it has become increasingly difficult for me to inhale without feeling sick, so much so I've even thrown up a number of times.

Not only that but I'm not getting high at all. The only effects I feel are a sore head and minor anxiety.

Can I resolve this by simply taking a tolerance break? I know it's common for people to build up a tolerance and not get high but I've never heard of anyone also feeling sick nearly every time they smoke.

Cheers for any help! :D

2. You can change to edibles or a tincture. Another Tincture thread in the edibles sub forum gives an easy recipe for making an ounce or two of Green Dragon Tincture. It's quite a long thread, but there is an index in the beginning and since the thread is long folks don't mind answering questions. It does sound like you need a tolerance break, too. Good luck.

3. I feel you with the tolerance, mine is genuinely unbelievable. I seriously can't get higher than a 7, if I'm really fucking lucky. The best thing I can tell you after countless hours of research is that there's nothing to lower your tolerance but a T break, and those don't work on me. I guess you could try it but getting sick is so damn strange. I don't think your problem is inhaling, if anything that would become easier over time. Is the smoke maybe a little too harsh? Maybe it's too big, too much smoke at once? Try diffusing the smoke with water filtration. Try using ice to cool the smoke. I'm sure there's a simple solution, you're just having a bad experience right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cheers dude. I've heard edibles are a good alternative and I'm definitely keen to give them a go if a t-break doesn't work. I'll look into that thread, too. Have never heard of tinctures.

5. I
    I only smoke J's and the smoke is pretty smooth, so that's definitely not the issue. I smoke cigs too, so I'm pretty accustomed to inhaling smoke. How long have you gone without weed? I've read it can take around a month for a break to take effect. I've also read Omega-3 helps with tolerance so I'm going to start taking fish oil during my break. Maybe they might help you too?

Cheers for the reply!

6. Joints are pretty harsh, you should try a vaporizer or a bong with an ice catcher. I've been a timer for 10 years and taken many tolerance breaks ranging from a week to 6 months. The longer you take a break for the longer it will take to build your tolerance back up. With a one week break my tolerance is back within a week lol. A month long break lowered my tolerance significantly for three weeks or so then it was back up. When I took a break for 6 months my tolerance stayed very low for about a month and gradually grew back to where it was after two months. Good luck man!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cheers!
    I had a feeling it would work like that... Oh well. I'll see how it goes after a few weeks of no bud. I am planning on getting a vaporizer or bong, but there's just something I enjoy about smoking a joint...