Becoming a Professor is definitely the longest job application ever.

Discussion in 'General' started by Bamboobam, Feb 14, 2014.

1. #21 Bamboobam, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
    Alright chill guys, don't want no drama here. K? And it's valentine's day at that! Come on.

[​IMG]

WTF!? do explain, please.

are you saying teachers and professors never do any work? 

4. They do a tonnnnnnnn of work.

maybe he's so good at research and publishing papers that he doesnt consider that stuff work?

lol idk

6. If I had to read 300 half-assed essays every other week I would go insaine

7. my mom was a teacher and i helped her grade papers, the shit kids write lmao

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Lol this ^^ As a highschool senior I tutored a freshman english class, and had to read a ton of incredibly bad essay's. Although honestly when you're dealing with 12-13 year old kids that's not all that surprising.

9. Haha I can imagine.

10. ha this one time i graded a paper on the subject of legalization and the title was "Weed is The Tits".

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Hahah I wrote a legalization essay in senior english class, but that title definitely tops mine(and its been so long I don't remember what I titled it)

That's a lot of years of kissing ass and playing politics to hope you get in. But in the end you are molding young prospering minds with teachings found through years dedicated to studying your craft. 

13. same thing lol

lol no one can tell you with certainty future returns....especially since the market is closed.

I think all my professors were wall streets exec.'s....I know my advisor/mentor was a higher up portfolio manager for Lehman Bros

That is cool - pretty nice qualifications for a mentor. Lucky

My financial accounting teacher was a rocket scientist who eventually got headhunted by J.P. Morgan and played a big part in convincing credit raters to give their CDOs AAA ratings. I am hoping he quit out of feeling guilty and not because he was fired.. but who knows lol

15. The chemist professor at the local college buys cigarettes from me and he talks about how in the early 70's he was on the for front of solvent based hash. He was gettin into explaining different polarizations will help produce crazy wax lol

Idk. I'm not a chemist most the stuff he was talking about went over my head but I still tried to take it all in. Guy is chill as fuck.

But ya being a professor is like being a high ranking person in ANY industry

When you become the best at what you teach the next generation how to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity F

16. And if you are working at one of the top 20 academia deep pocket universities, you have an extremely time consuming intense job. Two jobs really, Teaching and research. It is not for the weak of heart. The money is better, but there is only 24 hours in a day.

17. #37 gentleman, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
    cause every school is a research university. besides, I hyperbolize. just sayin, compared to other 6-figure jobs and industry-leading jobs, being a professor is pretty cushy. At least for any professor I had, since class couldn't be considered a part of it. There would be no assignments and two exams.

Not that I'm complaining lol. At least college professors don't bitch as much as k-12 teachers about their jobs.

18. Try being a Mental Health Tech!!!

19. a lot of financial equations are derived from scientific research...for example the equation youd use to measure the transfer of heat is also used to in binomial lattice pricing for equity options

Wow that is sick i actually never knew about that

I feel like J.P.Morgan used and abused this guy