Becoming a police officer?

Discussion in 'General' started by Amped, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Just remember, if you go against what you believe if you are a cop just because you "have to", you're a hypocrite.

2. Because some people want to make the world a better place by getting rid of the real criminals, while most cops like to justify driving around doing shit all by busting harmless tokers

3. I've always wanted to be one so I could get a nice car with a nice engine and be able to drive fast without recourse. But then dealing with crackheads... that sort of turned me off to the job.

If it's something you want to do, you should do it. The job is exciting. After watching 6 hours straight of Cops when I was sick the other day, it seems like they enjoy their job and it is rewarding.

4. Stupid question, but is there highway patrol in Canada? lol. I'd look into that, it's far less dangerous/you don't have to deal with the scum of the earth, just pull people over and shit.

5. Says who exactly? I smoke because I enjoy it, not to make some statement. :rolleyes:

6. So just because I smoke weed I'm 'supposed' to think a certain way? Sorry i don't base my decisions on generalizations pal :rolleyes:

OP, if you really want to do this, i say go for it. I don't get why people are calling him a hypocrite, he's pursuing a career choice that interests him. At least he knows what he wants to do with his life. A policeman's job is to enforce the law, not make it. Yeah there are gonna be some laws that are unjust, but that's not the police's fault.

You would have to give up toking for the initial drug test, but you can still sneak in the occasional toke, idk that much about how the system works actually. But yeah I would lay off the herb for a while if you're serious about this. Hopefully, you can set an example for what a good cop is supposed to be like and not let the power get to you. Remember, that badge is a powerful symbol and power corrupts. Just stay true to yourself, your values and your duties as an officer. Fuck the haters man, just do whatever makes you happy and good luck :)

7. If it's something you want to do then just do it.

Remember, you can always drop out if you find you dislike it.

And no, I think an MMJ card would not be looked on too favourably.

8. I think they give you a lie detectors test and ask you that sort of shit.. At least they do in Saskatchewan (according to two diff. people I know. (both of which are aspiring police officers))

9. Well in Saskatchewan they would most likely be joining the RCMP, which do indeed put you through a lie detector test, I know because a friend of mine has aspirations of being a conservation officer, but originally wanted to be part of the RCMP, before he did his homework and realized how corrupt they are.:smoke:

I couldn't do it, because I have unusually high empathy(really it's actually a pain in the ass), and would likely develop depression early on.

Also, the pay is decent, but not what you can earn if you have a good brain and some initiative.:smoke:

10. Don't do it unless you are absolutely sure of it...personally though I find it a little weird, no offense. No doubt if you become a police officer you will probably have to stop smoking weed, if you're fine with that then go for it! Just don't be one of those reasons Americans love to hate cops.

11. If you want to be a cop then be a fucking cop....do what you want to do. just be yourself you don't have to change for anyone. If they try to change you into an asshole then leave the force.

12. Im the same way. My uncle is a police officer in Winnipeg, and said the things he sees have changed him as a person

13. Lie detectors are such bullshit.

If you're asked a question that raises your anxiety level in the least bit, you're a liar.

14. all stoners should join the police force so we can help out our fellow tokers.
    blaze on. :smoke:

15. what would you do if you caught some teenagers smoking and you were with another officer?

16. I would do the required minimum to deal with them, obviously I wouldn't risk my job just to give them a free pass.

Thanks for the replies everybody :) I am strongly considering it, but like I said... I love weed, it's a damn hard decision :smoke:

17. I'd wait to see how this Occupy thing plays out.... Police might become either an obsolete job or a highly undesirable job (even more so than now) in the next decade or so... or they might get reformed into a brilliant, ideal institution.... *shrug*

18. Cops in Chicago get high, drunk, laid - all that good stuff. And they got the rest of the force behind them if they fuck up - no matter how bad. Then again parts of the city are straight up warzones. Outnumbered and outgunned. No thanks.