Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Becoming a patient in maine

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by DoctorDank, Feb 18, 2009.

1. I suffer from chronic back pain and migraines but under the Maine medical marijuana laws those are not eligible medical conditions (they are in some states), is there any hope I could still get a card in Maine? The medical conditions that are allowed in Maine are the following;

1. Persistent nausea, vomiting, wasting syndrome or loss of appetite as a result of:
      1. Acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) or the treatment thereof; or
      2. Chemotherapy or radiation therapy used to treat cancer;
    2. Heightened intraocular pressure as a result of glaucoma;
    3. Seizures associated with a chronic, debilitating disease, such as epilepsy; or
    4. Persistent muscle spasms associated with a chronic, debilitating disease, such as multiple sclerosis
    Thanks for any help guys.

2. to the top ^^^

3. I think you pretty much answered your own question - you seem to be pretty well versed in Maine law, I'm not sure anyone here would be more knowledgable.

Edit: woot, 1000th post

4. Not familiar with the laws in your state. Many states do have a clause in their legislation that reads something like, 'or any other condition approved by the State Health Board.'

Is there such a stipulation in the law? If so, you might be able to appeal to have your condition covered.

5. might wanna catch a quick case of glocoma.. looks like you might be out of luck
    enjoy the pain meds