Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Becoming a caregiver in Florida?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Matticus, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Hello everyone, been a long time since I've been around these parts. Since FL passed amendment 2, I am interested in becoming a caregiver but am not sure if there are any costs associated with licensing and applying to become a caregiver. I cannot find any information on the subject and would highly appreciate if someone could shed some light on this for me.

2. I don't think Florida is doing caregivers. I could of sworn they were just choosing people to more or less grow for the state which has pretty big requirements. I may be wrong though so don't take my answer to heart.

3. "
    Amendment 2 was also designed to require the Department of Health to regulate marijuana production and distribution centers and issue identification cards for patients and caregivers.[1]

The Florida Constitution provides that unless otherwise specified, approved amendments become effective on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in January following the election. As Amendment 2 did not provide specific effective dates, it will go into effect on January 3, 2017. The Department of Health must set regulations for the issuance of identification cards, qualifications and standards of care givers and registration of medical marijuana treatment centers within six months of the effective date.
    "

This implies that there will be both.

• Like Like x 1