Because i think everyone should know this.

Discussion in 'General' started by terradactyl, Jun 6, 2009.

1. our brain is so fucking crazy. It does shit by itself. Our brain, keeps secrets from our brain. WHAT THE FUCK? :confused::confused:

Our brain, keeps secrets from itself. My brain thinks things that it doesn't want me to know.

that is some crazy shit.

2. You sir are high:p

3. QFT. I had this same thought last night.

4. The brain controls the body.

One crazy thing is when you're in deep R.E.M. sleep the brain paralyzes your muscles so you don't reenact what you're doing in your dream due to the fact that your brain doesn't know you're are actually asleep...

:smoke:

5. yep

it sure does

/thread

6. actually, not /thread

i have a theory

the brain is actually the animal, and the body is just a capsule

like the little alien dude in Men in Black, where will smith presses a button behind the dead guy's ear, and his faceopens and there's the little alien dude with all the levers and buttons inside

7. I think you're on to something

[​IMG]

8. Well I sure am glad my brain likes to smoke herb and have sex then!

9. yeah the human brain is amazing

10. I agree....I've been through several traumatic events in my life and there are parts of my life that I truly have no memory of...mostly during my childhood....the way a counselor put it to me was like this...Your mind has a mind of it's own and if it senses there is something that you truly can not handle, it will block it out...I totally believe this...

11. What if theres another smaller dood inside that little dood's head controlling him?

12. Whats really insane about that there have been people to wake up into that with a paralyzed body for a few seconds because they were trying a form of lucid dreaming called WILD, and thats where you stay consciously awake until your dream begins in order to automatically enter your dream in hopes to become lucid. (from lucid dreaming forum i go to)

Imagine waking up and not being able to move at all, what a freakout!!

13. Damn I should check out some lucid dreaming techniques or something, I do that stuff kinda naturally sometimes. It's more common when I go to sleep drunk or high (unlike other people that don't remember dreams when they sleep after smoking, I remember the dreams more vividly).

Since I have trouble falling asleep, usually I just keep thinking about stuff, and if I stay on one subject long enough that'll turn into the subject of the dream I have as my body gradually just shuts down from being too tired. And I kinda have free will in the dream sometimes like I'll talk to people in my dream, but I can't control it or anything.

14. the human brain is a crazy thing.

15. Too bad brain taste so good =D

16. Stephen King writes a short story called Autopsy Room Four...about a guy who wakes up as he is being rolled into an autopsy room, but is completely paralyzed...it's pretty intense...all he can do is lay there and think about what he needs to do to let them know he's alive before they cut him up....alive. :eek:

17. we would merely be plants without brains. except... we'd have roots coming from our toes and fingers..

18. #18 RavenousDank, Jun 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2009

damn lucid dreaming is fantastic..the amount of content of the dream that you control relies on your awareness of the dream...say if your completely aware...boom, you'll have full control....i like to fly, use telekinesis, show everybody in the dream that i'm superman (which there not impressed somehow that i can control time and have meteors rain down at will :confused: :))

sometimes it feels good just running around killing/shooting ppl, since I know its a dream and everything...lucid dreaming takes a TONNNN of time/practice...its been about 6 years of trying for me...and i have one everynow and then..but this one particular week..i had one everynight..amazing

oh and what scares me shitless is sometimes i'll be flying...and i'll be over the clouds....but thats all i fucking see is clouds!!...also when i'm flying I'm scared of BLACK CLOUDS with lightning and thunder rain ahh gotta stay away :)

one cool thing is that one time I just became aware of my dream..and then i felt that nervousness..like a nightmare was about to happen..then BOOM my dad was choking the shit out of me, and everything was getting all hazy, and my dad transformed into this DEMONIC person..my whole body was vibrating...but in the dream..I was just a smiling :) "la la la you can't get me! lalala" so i beat the nightmare

19. i think you shouldnt say "human brain" but rather "human mind" imo.
    and its a powerful tool.

20. the mind is a power tool.. and the brain is its power. ;) hahahah