Because I got high?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Dilu, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Everyone knows the the song by Afroman. It just dawned on me that the fact that this super awesomely song was allowed airplay for highlighting the negative side effect of smoking weed and thus working against the legalisation of mj as well as blatant propaganda informing those who that dont smoke that 'its really really really bad' if you toke up you definately wont make that court date... you will run from the cops and they will beat your ass for it, possibly breaking your legs in the process! *Sad face*

If im looking to deep into this please let me know haha

2. Blame it on the alcohol.

3. Well to be fair, the song hit BIG virally before it ever hit the radio, and it was used in a ton of media.

Plus he's a big old Born again now

4. There is something wrong if a song like that influences your views on marijuana. It's pretty clearly a joke and arguably even mocking people against marijuana.

5. afroman is a born again christian?:confused:

6. good for afroman praise be to the Lord

7. This sums up the song:

Hes a crack head duh ;). Sorry you don't run from the cops when high on weed. And he doesn't mention marijuana once :D.

8. Well my name is Afroman and I'm from East Palmdale, East Palmdale.... And all the tumbleWEED I be smoking is bomb as hayyyeellllllllll.

And I'm pretty sure when he recorded that song he was living in Mississippi, where yes people do run from the cops when they have weed.

Sorry, big Afrofan here

9. but it doesn't make you run from the cops or break laws

10. Well in this theoretical song universe with all the priors he had probably accumulated, as well as his propensity to sing about police brutality based on the color of his skin, he would most likely run from the cops fearing a large prison sentence or an old fashioned country beating. Unfortunately now he's a paraplegic... Because he got high...

11. A song like this is the least of our worries.