because i got high

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Stevn, Sep 15, 2008.

1. how many of you people out there think that song is fucking retarded? i mean stoners try to glorify this song likes its some great pot head anthem, but in reality it just plays into stupid ass sterotypes.

this is probably really random but my room mate just played that song because he thinks weed is funny or something... hehe marijuana.

actually my room mate is just a goof ass in general.

he's a fucking krieg...a god damn gary krieg

2. most people like colt 45 more. Seems like non potheads try to say that song is the smoking anthem but they are just tards.

3. I happen to be a big Afroman fan. The song you think is called "Colt 45" is called "Crazy Rap". Great song. That whole Cd is good. Also his Afroholic and 4fro:20 Cds are stoner classics. "Because I Got High is just a simple, fun, goofy song with alot of truth in it. Stereotypes usually come from the truth.

btw If you like Afroman, check out the song we do with him, "Light 'Em Up" at www.myspace.com/jrshighrollers I guarantee you'll dig it.

4. i really like afroman

if you digg
    check out fuck mcdonalds and taco bell
    its awesomee

5. No, it is def colt 45

http://www.google.com/musics?lid=y9m5I0eOxcB&aid=3eGUcUtc9bH&sid=jhRpGgZOjgF

6. "because I got high" gives us stoners a bad name. not like we dont have one though.Although I AM PROUD TO SMOKE MARIJUANA MOTHERFUCKER!!!

7. Fuck...When that song came out I was in like 6th or 7th grade middle school, and my car pool-mom who picked us up from school had it on the radio or something and this stupid asshole Justin who was in our carpool would laugh at it all the time and I was like "this is stupid as shit drugs are bad mkay".

Then 6 years later I got high. Over and over. ;)

8. Yeah i kinda feel like because i got high makes stoners seem like they fuck their lives up from smoking. idk its a cool song nonetheless but not my fav.

9. The issue is that some stoners DO fuck up their lives. I don't think it's a song that should be looked into so deeply.

10. How do you know what I want when I already said the exact song. Its colts 45 I was talking about. I dont know how baked you are but you dont have telepathy or anything.

11. A-men to that bro.

12. "Chances are" implies that I DON'T know for certain, but assumed that since "Crazy Rap" is often mistaken as "Colt 45" that there was a higher chance you were talking about "Crazy Rap".

Not to mention the lyrics you linked to http://www.google.com/musics?lid=y9m5I0eOxcB&aid=3eGUcUtc9bH&sid=jhRpGgZOjgF
    are from "Crazy Rap" but is mistakenly marked as "Colt 45".

13. Colt 45 is more of a drinking song.

14. Fuck that song, it gives us a bad name. it depicts us as lazy, underachievers who are a drain on society. any pothead who treats this song like the stoner' anthem isn't a real smoker, just a poser who smokes because he thinks it's cool.

P.S. nothing against afroman, i just hate this particular song

15. If you're talking about the song that goes "Colt 45 and two Zig-Zags, baby that's all we need", you're talking about "Crazy Rap" I should know, I've done several shows with Afroman and jammed with the dude.

16. I guess I'm just a poser who's been smoking for 30 years because I think it's cool. If you really take the song seriously like it gives stoners a bad name, you need to get yourself a sense of humor. Learn to laugh at yourself. :wave:

17. Is the same true for stoner movies then as well? Considering most stoner movies play off of stereotypes and everything?

It's quite an assumption that you believe you know everything about a person just because they might listen to a particular song.

18. i think yall are getting way to deep with this song, it's just a funny song about smoking. afroman's songs are sick btw