BeaverBoy's First Grow Journal

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by beaverboy, Aug 8, 2012.

1. #1 beaverboy, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2012
    HEY!

tried to get a post started last night, submitted, typed about an essay worth of stuff and it didnt post. Hah..gaaAAYYYY!!

so im starting a journey, growth log, all of this.

its my first plant of ANYTHING and im growning the best plants ever! :eek:

SO! to start off, i have created a blueprint of my growroom (its a nicely sized cupboard that looks amazing.)

<pics below>

typically, i notice journals starting where the growth starts... well, im taking you in the process of getting my grow ROOM set up, building the equipment, preparing seedlings, growth, product... the whole nine yards

well... i completely goofed last night, realizing that i shipped seeds to my address... anyone else done that before and had authority figures busting in the door? curious, of course...

SO. i have ordered a.... 400w system, which includes both bulbs (MH/HPS), netting pots, the air line/stone/pump and seeds so far.

i still need to purchase PVC (if i go that route), or the matierials for a tupperwear reservoir to be completely honest, im aware of the few types of setups for hydroponic boxes, but im not sure which i'd like to use, but im thinking about a standard deep-water culture system. what are your thoughts so far?

i have a very limited budget, and only have about $35 left.
    i always come up with money to get through, however... maybe my B+ mushrooms can inspire a nice boost of currency... who knows..

so.. i still need nutrients, and i still need a grow medium, mylar (or paint.. might have..), and possibly bigger net pots (i have 12x 3" pots), as well as minor construction to create a venting channel through the box.

i have a few fans aroudn the house i can break down and make a housing for to fit the box, so that shouldnt be a BIG deal.

but i DO have one thing i am asking for you all...
    if you happen to have supplies or materials you are willing to let go for a cheap price or even as a donation, i will ALWAYS be open arms. Send me a PM! or comment!

I PLAN ON USING THE SMALLER BOX... however, you can change that.

Attached Files:

2. Nice little update for all of those people who cares.

as im cleaning out the basement and prepping for aplace to grow, i happened to find many assorted tools *grouter*, a bucket of flat white paint!!!, many hosing channels, tubing. found a mirror which i can rig to channel light in some fashion.
    many nails, screws, scrap wood. found these really neato bubble lights (doubt i can do anything with them).

doing much cleaning and have many, MANY more posts to come. hope you guys help me build a rep here. see you all soon!