Beautiful thoughts.

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by SlimmyJimmy, Mar 6, 2013.

1. #1 SlimmyJimmy, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2013
    Hello, all. I'd love to share some thoughts surrounding a mindset of mine with the GC community. These thoughts stemmed from a mindset I've been experiencing recently. For 18 years, I have lived this life, always going where I would let the wind take me. Never asking what the wind is, why it takes me, or where I truly desire it to take me. Recently, I've experienced many spiritual realizations, breakthroughs, and many different perceptions of this life, flowing from mindset to mindset. Gradually, a deep, icy curiosity has built up within my soul. No longer does solely the desire to go with the flow fully satisfy me as I continue to develop this excitingly terrifying curiosity for the purpose of existence. Questioning existence is such a beautiful thing, in my eyes. Part of the beauty of this curiosity, that I know others share, is that we, as a complexly developed form of life and a conscious extension of the all, have been awakened to a sense of self-awareness within ourselves, and a sensual sense of awareness with the physical experience that life has created for itself to enjoy in many different ways. Thoughts along the lines of 'what is existence?' and 'why do we exist?' may be, in some instances, too beyond us to fully understand. I often times find myself asking 'why do we ask why? it doesn't seem to matter because it just IS.' Yet, my intense curiosity to understand our existence in this life is so grand, that it's difficult to just be, and not be self-aware of our being enough to ask why. I often times find myself asking 'besides being, what is?' 'Is' is being, so there is everything, and can't be nothing, for nothing is unaware of itself, and therefore isn't.

I would love to see some thoughts surrounding this. The thought of nothing at the end of this write is just another curiosity that I have. Can any being be aware of anything besides what is? Can any being be aware of nothing? Most certainly not. That would make it something. So, if there isn't nothing, but is everything, what is there besides everything? What was before everything? Maybe it has always been. What we know to be time possibly only applies in some instances, like our physical life span. The all knows no time, for it has always been, and always will be. It seems that's a concept that, as a human, is very difficult to grasp, for all we experience in this life is within a miniscule period of time. Our physical birth until our physical death. Everything we experience in between is existence within that period of time. Both birth and death are very unknown concepts to me. Though, it is intriguing as can be. What a beautiful experience life is. Embrace and enjoy the unknown, and just BE.

Positive energy to all.

• Like Like x 1

2. That's pretty much my take on it.

I'm of the mind that we're just a bunch of creatures alive on this planet. Like any other animal, we'll live, and then we'll die.

Other animals, they live their lives trying to make sure they always have food to eat and trying to breed because instincts and such. Humans, most of us have gone past the point of having to spend our lives trying to find food/water just to survive. So we're left with questions like "why am I here? what is my purpose?"

I don't think there is a purpose, I don't think there is a why. I think we're just here, and then we die. And given that, we should enjoy the time we're here as much as possible, because it won't last forever. And it's the only damn chance we get to experience this life.

3. Maybe nothingness does exist its when we try to understand it - it becomes something its not in our minds ? Same as what we perceive is our consciousness as it expands into? Just like they say now - that the Universe is boundless it contains itself as it expands into? Nothingness allows for change into something but can never be reached.:smoking:

4. .... until death.:smoking:

5. They can only imagine they can.

Nothing can be beside everything, there is only all there is.

Nice. Good post.

6. peace, positive vibes, and marijuana my friend <3

7. Philosophy is the attempt to answer the question "why are we here" through conversation with other people. AKA: AWESOME thread! :)

This always makes me think of Plato's theory of The Soul (made of three parts). Logos (wisdom) Thymos (glory,honor) and Epithymia (food,sex and basic necessities) are all things we strive to fulfill. Everyday we live we have to search to fulfill one of these things and more than not, we fulfill more than one of these three parts of the soul.

What Plato's point in describing the three parts of everyone's soul was, was to give some basic understanding of what basically all humanoids desire, why we do the things that we just kinda naturally do and also, how we come to the choices that we make in our lives through our personality. We Are Here for the reason in which our individual souls allow us to perceive is the proper reason. We are who we are because that's how we were made, and our upbringings (or sometimes lack there of). Plato applied harmony to the soul, the balance of your mind and your humors (body).

Our bodies and our minds were created with only one real force of energy that is limited, The Eros, and through this one force we can choose to focus on all the parts that make our soul, or preferred by Plato, only one part of the soul. When you break your force into three or two focuses, there will always be one part of the soul that gets neglected and one part that gets built up.

I do my best to focus on my Logos, because I find that my soul desires and requires the maximum amount of wisdom that I can seriously apply to it. And that is apt to change in my coming years! Life is forever a cycle that is circular in nature. We come from nothing (maybe), we are born, we live, we die and return to that nothingness (or whatever is next).

So basically in my opinion, all individuals in this universe will always decide for themselves why they are here and what their main purpose in life is at the moment. Our ways of thinking and our desires are constantly in a changing mode because of our natural instincts to mature and grow up, along with the individual decisions we make everyday everywhere.