Beat up and arrested

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by cougheee, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Alright, I need some help for my friend..

Okay, so we're out in Austin on 6th street about to head back to the house and my friend realizes he left his card at the bar. We were pretty hammered at this point and we kinda forgot where it was. So he goes up and asks a cop where the bar was and the cop says, "Fuck off you little prick" so my friend turns around and looks at me and I just kinda motion for him to move on lets and get out of here. Instead he turns back around to the cop and says the greatest line I've ever heard anyone drop on another person. He says, "First of all, don't speak to me like I'm a child. Second, you fuck off, SIR. And finally, if it weren't for us pricks you cocksuckers would be out of business." He barely had time to get that last word out of his mouth before he was slammed into the car and put into handcuffs. I just kinda stood there with my jaw on the fucking ground. So I go back to the house and tell his girl what happened. We head up to the jail in the morning and when we pull up we see this fool laying on a bench outside of the jail with his face all busted up and shit. We go and get him up asking what happened and he's looking at us all fucking crazy not saying shit lol. He said he remembered riding to the station and that was it. He woke up to them releasing him in the morning and didn't even notice the shit on his head until we told him. Later on that say it was so bad we had to take him to the hospital because of the pain. Broken wrist, a couple broken ribs, a bunch of bruising and cuts on one side of his face. The shit was pretty fucked up. So hes wondering if there is anything he can do about it? I'm saying no just because of the fact he wasn't actually booked (no one bailed him out) and he doesn't remember a thing (including the cops name).

Any thoughts blades? :smoking:

2. lawyer. take pics. and go to the station and look for the officer.

3. He had one night stand, jail style.

4. Yea if this actually happened the best thing would be to call a lawyer immediately, and try to open a case, take lots of pictures, etc, etc.

5. Yea, exactly that.

That sounds insane OP, what a bunch of crooked Texas cop shit (no offense to Texas itself).
    :eek:

6. They will probably just say he was 'resisting arrest'. Doesnt help he cant remember anything. PICS.

7. Pictures, go to the hospital and get medical records. He will be able to find out who the officer was pretty easily.

8. haha he should just let it go

people get beat up everyday

9. People do not get arrested for using their right of freedom of speech, then kidnapped and beat up everyday.

10. i think they do

but they shouldnt

11. Welcome to Austin.............Same as Dallas..........'cept they have bats.........
    peace B

12. I bet he did something to deserve it. He had a chance to be non-confrontational and he chose a different direction. Drunk people don't suddenly calm down and stop arguing when they get arrested. Good chance that he got in a wrestling match with them and doesn't remember it.

13. ^^^^^I'm going with this, but even if that didn't happen, with the lack of evidence he has, good luck proving that in court. Cases with a lot more evidence get thrown out, and this is going to boil down to him "thinking" a certain officer did it. He has no badge number and you said he wasn't booked, I mean really man he has nothing.

14. Yeah... sure...

15. He actually went back up there about a week later and they pretty much laughed in his face.. Here's a couple pictures, haha I've just been telling him he's fucked. The cops could really just say he fell down or something? I feel like if he would have been swinging back or something they would have actually arrested him and put him through the whole process. But oh well, just take it as a lesson learned I guess. :smoke:

16. wow. thats pretty fucked.

but it could've been worse.....it could've happened in Harris County.

17. Good point, FUCK HARRIS COUNTY PD

18. Looks like he got that mark on his face when he got slammed to the ground which also resulted into the wrist injury.

As for being able to sue I don't think it will be possible. If theres no paper work to prove he was in jail theres no proof he really was. It'll be your word against the department and you know how that works out.

Next time it's best to keep your mouth closed and choose your battles wisely.

This was a small county police department? No wonder...

19. Fuck fucking harris county pd god dammit I hate them and that terrible fucking jail.

But yeah man I've seen 2 of my friends get arrested for trying to talk to cops on 6th street, I wouldn't recommend talking to them.

20. Yeah, that's what it looked like to me, like they knocked him to the ground and maybe gave him a couple kicks.. haha I kinda thought the whole thing was pretty funny. He should have just walked away, you can't win against a cop.

Hell yeah man Ft. Bend is a palace compared to Harris.