Bearshare/MP3 Player Help

Discussion in 'General' started by Heinous Anus, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Right now I'm using Bearshare to get all of my music. I don't know jack about torrents or much else. :(

Just went out and bought a beater MP3 player to distract me on my runs through the winters here in New England. And to deafen out the sound of Cher in our gym.

I tried to transfer my songs over, but half were denied because of a license agreement. I pay the $10 or so a month for it. I just had no idea why it won't let me put some of the good songs I wanted to get me pumped up for the gym onto it.

Oh yea, I didn't buy and Ipod, I just bought a Sansa 4Gb e260. It was on sale and I didn't need anything fancy.

Also, I was wondering if you guys could suggest some good techno/rave songs. I'm more into the fast beats, beats that build up over time, and just some good music like that to get one pumped to run 6 miles through snow and freezing rain. :)

2. Sent you a PM

Only song I can think of off the top of my head is Daft Punk - Voyager

Get the version off their Discovery CD, not the shitty version.

3. I downloaded it, but it said its detecting a firewall. I know I don't have one up. I turned the only one I have from Windows off.

4. If using UPnP doesn't work, manually forward the port to 6346.

Lemme know if that works.

5. I don't know anything about Bearshare.....

But as far as music the only one that comes to mind right now is Prodigy.

I'll go through my itunes and see if anything else stands out.

EDIT::

Pendulum is pretty good too.

Thats all I have- not very big on techno.....

6. Problem seems to be fixed. :) Thanks guys.

Yea, I'm not much into techno either. I just started recently while working out or running. Something about a fast beat kicking up and you just keep going as long as it does. Like I'm in a trance. And before you know it, I shaved a few seconds off my mile. :)

7. Haha sweet Heinous. My obsession with EDM (electronic dance music) has some more purpose yet again! :D

There's really wayyyyy too many subgeneres of EDM and I'm not exactly sure which ones you probably like the most. But I guess you can just post back and reply saying if you liked it or not.

I guess then my first recommendation for you shall be none other than the great Tijs Verwest, better known as Tiesto. Mainstream? Yes. Overplayed? Yes. But still fucking amazing? HELL YES!

Here's a couple songs you can check out:

Tiesto - Traffic
    Tiesto - Carpe Noctum
    Tiesto - Adagio For Strings
    Tiesto - He's A Pirate
    Tiesto - Lethal Industry
    Tiesto - Just Be
    Tiesto - Walking On Clouds
    Tiesto - Loves Come Again
    Tiesto - Break My Fall

If you only end up liking ONE of those songs, my post will not have been in vain. :D

PS - You REALLY need to get AIM again man.

[​IMG]

8. I was waiting for your reply, man. :)

Looking up those songs now.

Have you ever seen "Blade" with Wesley Snipes? Remember in the beginning he goes to the Vampire rave and they have that song playing. It just kept getting louder and more intense til the blood rain down?

Something like that...yea, I have no idea about these genres of music. Just now dabblin' in them.