Beards!

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by crowdcontrol, May 2, 2011.

1. In ancient Egypt, only those with the highest political authority wore beards. To the Celts, Viking and Germanic tribes it was a symbol of the warrior. Not to mention, many great historical figures have had one! So- Who here rocks the beard? :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Had one until I realized it really didn't matter and women like clean shaven guys more anyway. :cool:

3. I do. Obviously it stays trimmed, though. Can't walk around town having an animal living on your face.. some maintenance needs to be done to a degree.

4. I have not cut/trimmed/shaved since about February. I want it to get long and lock up...

5. I do, due to lack of response maybe you should have asked," Who can grow a beard?"

• Like Like x 1
  6. I got a 10 inch goatee....that count?

7. For those of you that are able to have such beards I must say something. I know sometimes they can be hassle or even a curse you might think but please be grateful because some of us are not as fortunate to be able to grow such awesome facial hair for I have beard envy.

8. Unfortunalty I've had it for years, but gotta cut it off at the end of the month....for work, gonna be sad man. Prob gonna keep it in a bag or sumthin, lol

Attached Files:

9. I got an Abe Lincoln-style beard growing in. It's wild as fuck

10. Not the kind of women I like ;)

lol

I haven't shaved in fuuuuccckkk.....over a month for sure.I just hate having a bald ass face and looking like a kid.Plus it grows back so fast,I'm just like fuck it.I look better with it anyways.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I have a pretty damn fierce beard, and my old lady loves it.

12. playoffs beard!!!

13. I sport a beard, I love it. but I keep mine trimmed down usually. Mostly keep it at below a 1/4"
    I'm 28, have sported a beard for about the last 8 years straight, other than the occasional times wear I shaved it off just to rebuild it lol

14. I haven't shaved my face in ~6 months–I figure that's how nature intended it and I'm not one to fuck with nature (I've also gotten a lot of compliments on it).

15. If it wasn't for my beard, I'd be a timid frightened little child.

It's the beard that gives us strength.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. I know this is old but fuck it...

I shaved my epic 10in Goatee for an interview with a higher up at my job,

However a few months ago I was diagnosed with cancer in the throat and decided that I was gonna grown, my beard out as long as I could (as a stand against it, and cuz chemo may have made me lost it anyway)

Well my cancer seems to be gone but im still having back pains so I said I wouldn't shave it until my back got better (went today for the 1st of 3 procedures to hopefully help)

My beards been trimmed a few times but mostly just caveman glory. I don't really like it, I prefer a goatee, esp my long epic one. But my wife loves it and doesn't want me to shave it unless needed for a job. (Which ill prob have to do)

The 1st pic is my old Goat (there's another pic on pg one here) and the 2nd is me now (xmas eve)

EDIT:sorry for the sideways pic, I tried everything on my phone, can't get it to upload up and down...dunno why, maybe size or something. But u get the idea. I haven't measured it now (hoping it comes off soon) but its a little longer irl, my heads tilted here

Attached Files:

17. Well I'm a ginger, Ive been growin out my hair and beard since September I think. Anyway my hair is down over my ears and my beard is a solid inch long. Red,bushy, AWESOME.

18. i keep that sexy stubble

19. I just want to say good luck to you with your back and the cancer. My dad has had multiple back surgeries and they finally burned off the nerves so that he wont be in as much pain, I havnt experienced it myself but I know how hard it is on a person. Also you goatee is my inspiration! Mine is at about four inches right now, wanting to get it to about six.

20. [quote name='"JPR"']
    I just want to say good luck to you with your back and the cancer. My dad has had multiple back surgeries and they finally burned off the nerves so that he wont be in as much pain, I havnt experienced it myself but I know how hard it is on a person. Also you goatee is my inspiration! Mine is at about four inches right now, wanting to get it to about six.[/quote]

Thanx man,

And yea I miss the old goat...one day ill bring it back.

Funny side story, I had a metal cross (like from a necklace or something) I tied/banded in my beard cuz when I was riding my motorcycle my goat would creep up like a snake and attack my face cuz of the wind...lol