Bear Grylls?

Discussion in 'General' started by smokeytheburr, Feb 10, 2009.

1. survivor man is more entertaining and its actually real. and yes, since it is suposed to be a SURVIVAL SHOW i would expect it to be real. Since i think they say that he doesnt have any help and all that shit.

I dont watch it.

2. Tiss true .........who ever believes every thing seen on TV has a few surprises to sneak up on them to look forward to :eek:.

I'm a lazy back packer now a days , even when I was younger I don't think I was as intense as you :)

Good post

Aloha

Local Bpy

3. You know who's tight..... Bear Grylls cameraman. He does everything Bear does, but one-handed, while (smoothly) carrying a camera. That's badass.

4. For anyone who is interested, I always thought this was funny as hell.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhVo5kIjiMw"]YouTube - Man vs Wild: Bear Grylls Dupes The Discovery Channel[/ame]

5. Bear Grylls ripped his parachute while serving in England and free fell for like 1700 feet and lived. Has anyone experienced shit like that? definetely cooler then chuck norris who's a little bitch and gets his ass kicked by Bruce Lee. check that fight on youtube for sure

6. Exactly. The shit Bear Grylls does "play acting" on camera is going to get someone killed some day when they decide to rappel down a waterfall with a vine 200 miles from the nearest dirt road. You break a leg out there and you are most likely going to die. The show should be titled "hey y'all, watch this!". I do a lot of back country hiking. Grylls is an idiot. Now Les Stroud, he's just 100% pure bad-ass.

7. hahaha but i must ask u all this

does it not entertain u?

smoke a blunt and watch it, ull laugh at EVERYTHING he says

mother fucker cant say viatmins? vy-ta-men not vit-ta-min

shit is the best show to watch while stoned "IM GOING TO JUMP INTO THIS GLAY CEE AA (glaciar) AND HOPEFULLY CATCH A ENDANGERED ANIMAL AND KILL IT FOR ITS PROTIEN, AND IF ITS A LIFE OR DEATH SITUATION U ARE INDEED ALLOWED TO KILL THESE ENDANGERED ANIMALS.... OH YES THE EYES ARE VERY HIGH IN VIT TA MENS"

mean while 20 minutes after its filmed mother fucker probably gets some wendys or some bullshit but still HILARIOUS

8. oh yeah and have u guys seen the fucking trail mix commerical???? i bust out laughing every time i see it

9. Haha I was watching that shit the other day while high and it was ridiculous.

10. That trail mix commercial is beast.

11. Les is much more of a TRUE survivalist. Not only are his shows more realistic, but get this, before his show he spent a whole year in the Canadian wilderness with his wife. That was their honeymoon! They built their own shelter, got their own food, and he even got her pregnant despite both of them probably smelling pretty ripe; now that's REAL! They videotaped the whole thing, but you can tell he was not as experienced as he is now.

12. greatest commercial ever

13. Bear Grylls is ok, but like people said he does a lot of stuff for the camera. I dont like how he kills so many animals (i understand you need to do that to survive, but hes not really surviving).
    Les Stroud in Survivorman is my favourite. He takes his show to the next level and gives great and practical survival advice.

14. les stroud is definitely a much better survivalist or w/e they call themselves, muchhhh better then bear grylls... ive seen the show a few times and he does give good advice but sometimes its just a little boring idk

bear grylls is trying to be the new steve irwin, flat out, cause think about it

funny accent.. check
    does stupid things.. check
    thinks that he will live for ever.. checkk

hes a good entertainer though ill give him that