Bean popping Question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GroFoMoFo, Feb 18, 2018.

1. So a friend hooked me up with a legit seed from"Paradise Seeds" from Holland, the strain is Ice Cream and I only have one. I have been waiting to get a hold of a legit bean for quite some time. Those two facts combined has me on supper paranoid mode not to blow this one bean. So the question is, how best to get it going? Bottle water? Tap water? Distilled water? Glass bowl with water? Paper towel and baggie? Or should I just smoke, chill out and just throw it in a solo with some soil?

2. I always use a jiffy pod that has soaked in tap water. I put that pod in my 1 gallon pot with seedling soil and perlite that is damp. The pod goes in my tent for 24hrs to warm up the soil..i will then pop my bean into the pod and walk away for a few days only misting top soil if it dries out.. I have 99% germ rate and usually very healthy seedlings within 3 to 5 days

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Soak in water for 24 hrs at room temp then place knuckle deep in solo cup with moist soil and lightly cover with soil get. Take knife and poke holes in bottom of cup then cover with clear plastic wrap and remove when it breaks soil. Water with spray bottle twice a day keeping top of the soil damp.

I grow trees. Trees Number Three's

4. Right on. I have some jiffys, but they are the longer vegetable starter ones, that shouldn't matter should it?

5. 24hrs soak, then to dirt even if I don't see the tap root peaking? Although I have only ever popped bag seeds, straight to soil has been so bad for me, I like seeing the"clam foot" before putting in soil just so I know it's a viable seed. Does it matter what type of water? I have hard tap water.

6. Tap waters fine just use a soil like happy frog for seedling some of my seeds show a tap root some dont. It doesnt really matter i have 100% germ rate usually within 3 days

I grow trees. Trees Number Three's

• Like Like x 1
  7. cannot above the refrigerator is nice place for paper towel method. A simple ceral bowl and dinner plate with wet paper towel in -between work well for me. 1-2 days for tap root to form. Replant in solo cup no more than 1/4 inch. Compact soil lightly then water . many times I find the taproot is long enough and the seed shell isn't completely buried.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I soak in water up to 12 hours then i paper towel method where you soak it in water. Then put it on a small saucer plate and cover your bean in the wet paper towel and put a saucer plate over top to keep it moist and dont let it go dry. I'd say anywhere from a half a day to 1 whole day by then you should have a small root break through the bean and then your good to go put that baby in soil amd let her grow. Note some beans take longer than others to show first root good luck dude

Sent from my SM-J320R4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  9. if you only have one winner seed, dont pop it yet. get some bag seeds, and do a few quick test runs using diff methods, and see what works best for your style and micro climate.

personally, i soak them in plain spring water ph 6.5(not ph'd) for 12-24 hrs, til they drop or can be poked off surface of water. then into simple peat/ perlite seedling mix, combined with 25% lobster compost, so there are some mild nutes available without having to grab 'the bottle'. immed under light 77f, soil partially covered by plastic wrap, enuff to keep the soil nice n warm, but not cooking.

i find covering them completely creates too much warmth for my beans. others def have better luck this way than me. i think it just gets too hot under there in my seed area.

my best results come when i use the spray bottle for the first days.

happy popping!

• Like Like x 1