Be carefull with timers..

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Stroomz, Jan 12, 2009.

1. i had just noticed yesterday that those little picks you place in the front of your timer are different by color. Meaning there's a red one that only shuts off and a blue that only turns on. i didn't know this and had two blues, so my grow lights have been on 24/0 light schedule for over a month and i thought they were flowering so now there goin to be so big for my mini box..:confused: guess im goin to ether add a scrog or lst:)

2. lol how big did they get? when i setup my stuff i made sure things were working get my times to my clock so i could check to make sure everything came on and went off like it should just so there is no bugs to worrie about

3. #3 Mr.Bubb-es, Jan 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2009
    Reading the instructions helps :) I will add a tip as well. If your timer is digital make sure you disable DST. I got an extra hour of light one go round.

Edit and one more, if your timer is and IDT Intermatic Digital Timer better check to make sure it was not recalled. This is the brand most sold in Home Depot and Lowes. Multiple reports of electrical fires :(

4. nope it was just a normal timer...ive used it correctly before but just thought the colors were so you know when it will turn off but i just remembered..i didnt know there diferent sizes..

and there about a foot tall, i was wanting them to be half way threw flower at this stage as the plant is in a mini box

balazzed:smoke:

5. I'd invest in a digital timer a lot less hassle.

6. I agree with above poster. Digi timer is the way to go. :smoke: