Be careful what you wish for...

Discussion in 'General' started by Tanksta, Aug 13, 2009.

1. What weed smoker hasn't said at one point "I wish the government would just legalize weed so we could smoke in peace!"

Well lets take a look at what it would be like if Marijuana was %100 legal. Here are the pros and cons of Marijuana legalization.

PROS

No more legal problems -
    If weed becomes legal we will be able to buy it at our local convenience store and not have to worry about being arrested or fined for having it!

No more crime involved -
    You know what I mean, that one time you had to buy from that shady dealer and you didn't know if you were going to be stabbed or not. It sure would be nice to not have that anymore.

People will illnesses -
    Can't get a medical marijuana card in your state? Well thats all a thing of the past now because everybody can smoke. Now you can self medicate your self all you want now.

Cheap products -
    I have heard it only costs about $10 to produce an ounce of marijuana. Who doesn't want and ounce for $10?

CONS

The end of the small grower/distributor -
    I know a lot of you Blades grow out there and some of you distribute. With weed legalized you are done. Nobody will need you anymore and you can just close up shop.

The money will be gone -
    This one is an ugly con but it is just as important as the rest. If you make your living or even extra money from weed you will not anymore i guarantee it.

Every one will be able to smoke -
    This is debatable but I don't want to see everybody I know smoking weed. I find some people a hell of a lot more annoying when high and I don't want to have to deal with that.

Large companies will take over -
    Do you know how many additives are in cigarettes? 599! Thats right and you can be sure they will be putting them in your marijuana! Plus the product quality will go down drasticaly.

Now In my opinion I would not like to see weed legalized because I find the the punishment of getting caught not harsh enough. I might come to a time in my life when I would like to profit a little from weed. and I would not like to see everybody smoking.

But thats just my opinion, whats yours?

2. I will say that i disagree with some of your cons. the small grower willstill be viable, just as there are small breweries down to the single pub brews. I dont think qualty would go down as if it did the botique growers, which would be us right now would make a better product and sell it the same or slightly higher, forcing the companies to keep quality high. I liken it to tomatoes, everyone can grow tomatoes who has a little land, yet 99% of us dont ( i do i love a fresh mato, nothing like it in a store) and weed will be the same way, i mean i would be lazy like most others and buy it in the store most times, but just like tomatoes i would prolly have a littel conisuer grade garden grown for special times.

3. There are a lot more pro's than there are cons. Im not going to sit and type them all out, but the legalization of all forms of hemp would be nothing but good for our country, and our people. Sure there will be cons, but the pro's far outweigh them.

4. I'd say letting thousands and thousands of innocent people out of prison would be worth all the small time dealers losing money. Just my perspective.

5. Good points. I still think quality would go down though.

6. i'll grow my own! I plan on it anways. I gurantee you when it is legalized there will be organic growers/distributors out there. It is popular to be healthy now-a-days.